Long Way Home: On Our Way to Explanations

Arthur's P.O.V.
I could not believe it. So much has happened in so little time, but now we find that Vash's lost sister is..well...not so lost.

"Yuki? L-Lili?" Vash says softly, but relieved as the young girl, assumed to be Lili, next to Yuki looks at him with recognition. She soon gets up and runs over to him hugging him tightly as she cries. I look at the pair happily along with my brothers, not even minding when Alfred puts his arm on my shoulder. The little moment was ruined slightly when Yuki coughed a bit, catching everyone's attention.

"Um, well...why don't we head back to the cottage for some explanations? There are bound to be some questions," she stated calmly, yet awkwardly. Lili smiles widely as she begins pulling Vash down the path, who grabbed Matthew's hand to his embarrassment. The others soon followed, with Ludwig and Kiku watching Yuki carefully and Tino and Feliciano dragging Alfred and Berwald to meet Lili, the others floating about as the talked in hushed whispers. I soon fell into step with Yuki, looking at her with a raised eyebrow.

"Everything will be explained, Arthur. I was just hoping it would have been later instead of sooner," she stated softly as she looked at the siblings. "Things are changing, and I can only hope that everyone will remain safe during this time..." As I was about to question her, she walked off to where Lili was waving her over. I shook my head a bit as I followed.

"Yuki, can we sing as we head back?" Lili asked excitedly, causing Vash to smile. I couldn't help but find it a little forced, but what can you expect? If you just found your lost sibling who depended on someone else completely, I would be jealous too. Yuki smiled and nodded a bit.

"But what song? Besides, I believe the others can sing just fine as well," Yuki replied teasingly as I flushed slightly at the compliment. Though it was meant for all of us, it was still flattering. Lili merely nodded as she looked around at everyone, trying to think of a song. I walked amused as Vash was suddenly pulled down to Lili's height, excitedly whispering a song name. Vash smiled as he took a small breath before starting, making me laugh lightheartedly at the song chosen.

" Take me back to the middle of nowhere
Back to the place only you and I share
Remember all the memories?
The fireflies and make believe," Vash sang softly as he squeezed Matthew's hand slightly, who chuckled as he continued on.

"Kicking back in the old school yard
Singing songs on our guitars
This is our reality
Crazy stupid, you and me," Matthew looked down fondly at Vash, making me smile at the small display of affection between the two. It described a lot of their time together ever since they were little. Alfred picked up on this and continued as he wrapped an arm around Kiku.

"We know this is the way it's supposed to be," Alfred flashed a smile at the shorter psychic, who merely smiled and nodded.

"So we're taking the long way home
Cause I don't wanna be wasting my time alone," Kiku leaned towards Alfred as Ivan shook his head with a knowing smile, bringing Yao closer to sing the next part.

"I wanna get lost and drive forever
We can talk about nothing, yeah, whatever, baby," Ivan sang as the two swayed a bit, causing the group to laugh as Yao tried to get away quickly.

"So we're taking the long way home tonight," Francis sang as he ruffled Lili's hair a bit, causing a lighthearted glare from Vash and Yuki.

"Now we're stuck in the middle of nowhere
Yeah, you know we took our time to get there
We're hiding out in a dream
Catching fire like kerosene," Feliciano continued as he grabbed a hold of Ludwig's arm, jumping slightly as he sang.

"And you know I'd never let you down
'Til the sun comes up, we can own this town
Something like make-believe
Living in a movie scene," Ludwig tried to calm the overly excited sprite to no avail, but was still smiling widely.

"We know this is the way it's supposed to be," Yao continued after he gave up all attempts of escape from the demon, accepting his fate of singing next to him. It didn't stop the mermaid (insists on being called merman instead) from smiling.

"So we're taking the long way home
Cause I don't wanna be wasting my time alone," Tino began as he smiled up at Berwald, who merely smiled down at the young angel.

"I wanna get lost and drive forever
We can talk about nothing, yeah, whatever, baby," The vampire held onto Tino tight as they continued walking, looking around the field and a cottage came into view.

"So we're taking the long way home," I concluded as I looked at the little cottage the two girls called home. Lili clapped happily at the impromptu performance while Yuki smiled appreciatively. My brothers looked around the field before Yuki motioned people towards her shared home. Feliciano was the first to drag Ludwig inside with him, the others following in slowly. Yuki was the last one in, closing the door behind her as she turned to everyone.

"Welcome, and I look forward to your questions."