Chapter One: Keeping My Head Up

[Disclaimer] I am not Rick Riordan. All characters belong to him. And P.S he's a guy, I'm a girl, that settles it.

Percy's POV

The feeling of triumph invaded my chest as I raised the flag higher in humility. I heard cheers and felicitation around me, and it forced my smile to grow wider. Everybody congratulated me by tapping me on the back, although I didn't really appreciate how the Ares kids did it.

The place cleared off when everyone returned to their respective cabins, in honor of our godly parents. I wasn't in the mood for resting even if I knew I needed it so bad. I made my way to the Canoe Lake and sat on the biggest rock I saw.

With adoration, I surveyed the place looking all over. The nymphs watering the strawberry fields passionately. No wonder why it made great scent in the morning. Sparks were flying around the trees which made a beautiful effect on it. Then I looked further, the descendance of the sun made strokes of red emblazon the sky. It made the meadow look like a blanket of red-tinged green material. Everything was beautiful.

A voice went pass my ears, then clopping hooves followed it. I looked around me and saw Grover.

"Oh hey, man!"

"Hey, feeling alone?"

"No," I snapped. "Just needed a little rest, I guess."

"So you're ready for tomorrow?" He asked.

I exhaled. Tomorrow is 'The Arrival', the day everyone's waiting for. The come back of the fiercest warrior known in camp. We all prepared for it and I'm kinda excited to meet him too.

"Look Grover, you're my friend, why don't you tell this 'who'," I begged him.

"I'm really sorry but Chrion has warned me about that," he apologised, looking worried.

I turned my head to face the lake and maybe he noticed the disappointment in it. So then he said, "But here's a clue, you will be battling this 'who'." He whisper-yelled, rolling his eyes everywhere as if someone is spying him.

My eyes grew bigger in shock.

"What the Hades?"

"Sh, someone will hear you, now I-uh, I gotta go," he hastily said and went running away.

I clumped my fist, thinking, great I've been excited to get wrestled. A sudden ache occurred in my head and that's when I knew it was time to rest. I went back to Cabin 3 and sat on my bed.

Before sleeping, I looked at the shield hanging on my wall that Tyson made me. Then my eyes spotted my bed. Clean, just a bit worn out. You know losing is not a problem, getting everyone to hate me is. I know I'm gonna lose, it's too obvious.

I shook my head in frustration and decided to go to sleep. Keeping my orange camp shirt, I snuck under my blanket. I closed my eyes and tried to forget tomorrow for a little while.

You Had Me At Hello (A Percabeth FanFic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara