Chapter 21

She was so nervous, she wanted to cry. Her stomach wasn't helping much either, the way it was churning. As Quinn made her way from her office building, and to her car, her mind was racing. From the time she had gotten off the phone with Rachel, until she was actually getting into her car to drive to the playground, she had felt that way. Whatever news her girlfriend had, she knew it wasn't good. She could tell by the tone of her voice.

Is she sick?

Has she been fired?

Are we breaking up?

Millions of aggravating little thoughts were rushing through her mind at top speed. It was late. Almost ten o'clock. Rachel would be working when she got there, but it didn't matter. She would wait around until she was finished with all of her clients.

Going there that night had been the furthest thing from her mind since she had left her apartment that day. The bickering they had done was too much for her to deal with, and she had wanted a break. Just for one night, and she knew Rachel had wanted the same thing. However, if Rachel didn't think what she had to tell could wait, Quinn knew that it definitely couldn't. There wasn't one doubt in her mind about that.

When she finally did make it, she rushed into the bar, and looked around. Rachel was nowhere to be seen. She was about to leave, and check around some of the lounges when Alyson called her name from the behind the bar. She looked in her direction, only to be summoned over.

"She's with Kayla."

"What", asked Quinn, out of breath from all of her rushing.

"Rachel. She was with Cassie, now she's with Kayla, that country singer chick. You're looking for her, right?"

"Oh...yeah. Yes I am", she breathed."Sorry."

"No, don't be. Take a seat, alright? What's going on?" There was concern written all over her face.

"N-nothing...I just...nothing. Can I please have-"

"Vodka Cranberry, coming right up", Alyson said, sweetly."Don't worry, I'll take care of ya'...just relax, okay?"

"Thank you, Sage."

"Not a problem. I'll be right back."

Quinn settled in. As best as she could anyway. She set her purse down on the bar counter, and rummaged through it until she found her phone. She grabbed it, and quickly sent a text to Rachel.

In the bar...let me know when you can talk...-Q

Once Alyson had brought the drink back, she got to talking with the blond."So get this, you know how I found that baggie with the X pills in it?"

"Yeah...".

"I think I figured out why they were under the register."

"Really?"

"Turns out...there's this dude client. He likes to roll when while he's here. Spends some time in the Rainbow Lounge...then spends all night with the same guy."

"Wow. That's a pretty elaborate routine", said Quinn.

"Not really. You know what Ecstacy does to some people, don't you?"

"I've never rolled, but I hear it intensifies things, and makes you see things that aren't really there?"

"That's some of it. You're right, it intesifies things for sure. Which is a little dangerous for a place like this...", Sage hinted.

"Why?"

"Oh my god, Quinn...that shit makes some people like crazy horny."

"Does it?"