Chapter 10

It had been a few days since Santana had told Quinn that she needed her help. In those few days, the blond photographer had managed to stress her thoughts on that notion alone. She was struggling with it more than she thought she was going to. Sure, she had agreed to it, but was unsure as to what she had gotten herself into. The Boss Lady had been very light on the details, and told her when she needed her, she'd let her know. It all seemed to be happening so fast, yet she was somewhat comfortable with it. Comfortable or not, part of her would be fairly indecisive about the whole thing, and there was no shaking it. At least not yet. Growing up, Quinn had always been a leader, not a follower, so this was new to her on so many different levels.

She was laying in bed with her Star, looking up at the ceiling. It didn't matter what she was doing, who she was with, or what time of day it was, her mind kept on wandering to the conversation she had with Santana. Some of her words were sticking out like an orange dot on a white surface.

I'll deny it if anybody ever asks, so don't go thinking you can use that against me.

She couldn't let the words go. It was as if the Boss Lady had challenged her in some way. Of course, Santana hadn't meant it that way, but it was how Quinn had taken it. Her thoughts were finally interrupted by the sound of the sweet voice.

"Hey...", said Rachel, as she kissed her favorite client on the cheek."Where are you right now?"

"Hmmm?"

"You're not with me right now...what's on your mind, gorgeous?"

"Santana", she answered, a little too quickly.

"Whoa, what", asked Rachel, as she sat up, and stared down at her lover.

"Relax", laughed the blond."Not like that!"

"Well, I'm sorry but it's a little awkward to hear that after having my face buried in between your legs for an hour", defended Rachel.

"Oh, shut up", laughed Quinn, pulling Rachel down and holding her. She kissed her on the forehead, and sighed."I'm just freaked out by our chat the other day."

"Oh that, well...I can't lie, I would be too. You have to admit, it's somewhat flattering right?"

"How do you figure?"

"Honestly, it's been a while since she's asked a newer member for something so big. I think that would make me feel kind of special."

"It does make me feel special. Only...special like fresh meat in the prison showers", laughed Quinn. Rachel giggled."Why me?"

"Maybe she likes you."

"No, she's made it abundantly clear that she can't stand me. Seeing her admit that she needed me was like watching her trying to swallow broken glass and thumbtacks."

"What else did she say to you?"

Quinn wanted to tell her. She wanted to let her know everything that the Latina had said about her Star. That she was playing her, and what they had was nothing special. However, she chose to keep it to herself for the time being. Mostly because she didn't want to believe it.

"Nothing really. She liked how I was able to help with that ass hole detective, and that she may need my services again in the future."

"That's a good thing, baby", said Rachel."Forget that she's scary, and freaks you out, just concentrate on the fact that she needs you. It's kind of funny too, since she supposedly hates you so much."

"Supposedly?"

"Yeah, Santana's emotions are neither here nor there. She has to put up that front, but...she might be lying to you. Who knows, she might actually like you."