Chapter 8

"Oh my God...", laughed Blaine, as the two toys approached the table. "No wonder you were being so nosy."

Kurt simply winked, as he took a seat next to the man. He wanted to kiss him, but he knew his Blaine wasn't much for public display of affection.

Quinn on the other hand, decided to be as charming as she could be. She stood up, and pulled Rachel's chair out for her.

"Oh, well thank you, gorgeous", said Rachel, with a smile."Aren't you sweet."

"It's impossible not to be sweet to you", said the blond, as she sat back down."To what do we owe this invasion?"

"Invasion", asked Kurt."And here I thought we would be a nice surprise."

"No no no, I didn't mean it like that", defended Quinn."I'm just a little thrown off, I mean...I know you're suspended, Rach. I can only assume that you've somehow managed to sneak out, and that Santana will be bursting through the doors at any minute to drag you back to the playground."

Rachel and Kurt exchanged smiles.

"My suspension has been lifted", said the shorter woman.

"Whoa, really", asked Blaine.

"Yes, really. I fought for it."

"Boy did she fight for it. I thought I'd be breaking up the cat fight of the century, but luckily it didn't get that far. She did stand up to our Boss Lady, that's for sure", laughed Kurt."

"Okay, this is fantastic", laughed Blaine, as he picked up his wine glass."Details please."

"Yeah, I'd love to hear this, but before that...did you two want something to eat?", asked Quinn.

"No, that's alright, we wouldn't want your order taking anymore time just because we stalked and crashed your lunch", laughed Rachel."We can eat later."

"It wouldn't be a problem, we just put our orders in a few moments ago", reassured Blaine."It's on me, don't you even worry."

"If you insist", smiled Kurt.

Eventually, all four of them had their meals, and Rachel and Kurt had gone over everything that had happened at the playground before they arrived there.

"So, it sounds like Brittany spoke up at the perfect time. That girl is a miracle, I honestly don't understand how Santana's manages to keep her to herself", laughed Blaine."They are cute though, I can't argue that."

"They are, and they do seem to be an awkward couple, but if you're around them enough to know them, it's not too hard to believe", said Rachel."Aside from that, I'm pretty sure Santana would have a damn hard time keeping up with everything if she didn't have Brittany. She works very hard."

"I noticed that. The only time I've ever seen her without an iPad in her hands is when she's dancing", laughed Quinn.

"I think that might change soon. Now that Santana knows how Brittany really feels about something so major...she might take it easy on her for a while", said Kurt.

"Really", asked Quinn.

"Oh yeah, it's happened before", giggled Rachel."Last time Brittany spoke up about something, and cried like she did...Santana bought her a whole bunch of gifts, and gave her a two week break from managing."

Quinn just laughed and shook her head.

"Mhm, she's that kind of girlfriend", said Kurt."Which makes me wonder...what kind of girlfriend are you, Quinn?"

"Kurt", snapped Rachel."Not your business!"

"Of course it's not my business, that's never stopped me from prying before", he laughed."I'm offended really, Rachel. There is a chance I'm asking out of concern for you, after all."