Chapter 7

Omega POV

"Calm down, why don't you go for a walk in the woods or kill some monsters?" Bianca whispered in my ear after my outburst.

"Only if you come with me," I say back. She takes my hand and we head for the direction of the forest again.

It's quiet for a while. It isn't an awkward silence though, we just need time to gather our thoughts. "I'm sorry for the way I acted back there. It just makes me so mad that they act like I didn't exist. Even after I had saved all of their butts over and over, time and time again, they still had the arrogance to ignore me. Annabeth is the one I hate the most though. I held her every time she cried, I held the freaking sky for her, and I helped her reunite with her family, and then she decides to cheat on me. I just don't get it! But the Fates are cruel like that. But I guess it was all meant to happen so that I could be with you again."

Bianca is quiet for a minute, "Who do you love more Percy, me or Annabeth? If she had never cheated on you, would you still have gone to find me? Would you still love me? I will always be your second choice and nothing more. I stayed with you while you were getting over your heartbreak and I never left you. I waited over 70 years for you to realize that you could have everything with me! Everyday I comforted you while you wallowed about Annabeth and what she had done. You said you didn't care about her, but you still talk about her even though it has been 104 years. You're right, the Fates are cruel. They made me fall in love with a man who will never love me back!" with the last word she ran off into the forest, leaving me stunned.

Rage boiled inside me. I wanted to punch, hit, or kill something. Yet I just stood there, waiting for her to come back. After fifteen minutes I yelled out a centuries worth of anger, frustration, and betrayal. "AAAAAAAH!" As I yelled, I let a burst of pure energy blast out of my hands, destroying everything within 100 feet around me. I didn't worry that I might've hit Bianca because she knows that I tend to destroy things while I'm angry and so she runs away.

And so she runs away. Am I really that predictable? Am I really that destructive? Am I really in love with Bianca, or compensating for what I couldn't have? Maybe I am, but I'm not going to let her get away. I can't deal with another heartbreak. Yes, the tin man does have a heart.

"Bianca! Wait! Come back!" I yell as I run. "You're the only one that I want! I promise I'll never look or talk about her as long as I live and love you!"

She comes out of nowhere, "Oh really? Prove it. I dare you Jackson," I'm about to yell at her for saying my name, but I don't think that will help my case.

Instead, I got down on one knee, "Will you marry me, my angel?" I pulled out a black velvet box that held a silver ring with a black onyx jewel shaped like a heart in the middle. It had small white diamonds outlining the heart.

She stares at me wide eyed, "I-I don't know. I love you, I do, but we just had a very big fight. You can't just spring this on me like that."

"Ok, so we are engaged, but not engaged to be married. Does that make sense? So people know that I am yours and you are mine, and they can't tear us apart. We may still fight, but we can't leave each other," I said all of this while slowly inching closer to her until I was an inch from her face.

"Okay," she breathes. I put the ring onto her finger, pull her to me and kiss her deeply. For the first time in a while, I feel a spark between us. It is 100 times better than that Underwater Kiss. It's electrifying and I feel like someone has doused me in water, meanwhile shutting my brain off. My hand trails along her waist and across her stomach while her hand wraps itself into my hair inside my hood.

Then her hand starts to travel down my back and lightly brushes my ex Achilles heel which makes me shudder. Even though it's gone, it's still a sensitive spot for me.

She breaks apart and looks at me while raising one eyebrow. I blush, "You touched the spot where my Achilles heel used to be. It's a weird feeling. It's like electricity going through your entire body, but a lot less pain."

"Really? How come you never told me that?" she asks.

"I had my reasons. Now come on, let's go back to camp. I'm sure people are wondering why there was a random burst of black light and a section of their forest missing." I turn away and start heading in the direction of the camp.

"Fine," she said walking up to me and lightly brushing the small of my back again.

"Ya, that was my main reason. You would use it against me and start to do it all the time," I told her, "Why do we keep walking everywhere? We can just shadow and mist travel everywhere!"

She shrugs, "I thought you wanted to."

Annabeth POV

"Luke, I thought you were going to try for rebirth? We missed you so much!"

"Don't talk to me, don't hug me, and don't even try to pretend that you care about me. How could you cheat on Percy after all he had done for you? You disgust me, Annabeth," he said with hostility in his voice.

All I can do is stare at the boy who I thought would surely be on my side, "Why should you even care? He killed you!"

"No, I killed myself. Percy just gave me the knife. But seriously, why'd you do it? How could you honestly think that that idiot Tristan was better than him? For a daughter of Athena, you're dumb." That last comment really hurt.

"I was lonely! He was gone for a month and I had no on e. You were dead, Thalia was with the Hunters and on a quest with Percy and Grover. How do you even know what happened to him? If you were with Chaos, you wouldn't have known what was happening on Earth."

He seems flustered for a moment but quickly recovers, "We do have informants that keep track of what is happening. And we do have other demigods in our army who have given us information about what happened while we weren't there. And don't try to change the subject! You were lonely? That is the lamest excuse ever."

All of a sudden, Omega and Angel are standing next to Luke.

"Landuras," Omega says, "Is she bothering you?"

"Very much so Commander," he frowns while still looking at me.

"Luke, I'm sorry for what I did to Percy. If I would've known that Tristan was going to cheat on me, I never would've done that to him," I told him honestly.

Omega laughs then turns deadly serious, "Of course not. Because you loved him, right? I'd like you to say that to his face."

"I can't, he's dead," right?

He grins slyly, "Sure he is. Is Percy Jackson dead Angel?"

She cocks her head, "No. Why would you ask that?"

"How do you know him? Can you bring him here? Why hasn't he come back to Camp Half Blood?" I ask, bombarding them with my questions.

"Gods! Can't you shut up for two minutes? Why did I ever date you?" Omega shouts.

Wait, did he just say why did I ever date you?

"Ah, crap," he mutters. Then before I could stop myself, I walk up to Omega and pull down his hood.