Chapter 23- Campfire songs

Start from the beginning

"I've never had sex," he nods his head. 

"Exactly," I mumble. 

"Wait I get what you're saying," his eyes nearly pop out of his head. "Oh no! Rora! Don't think like that. He told me he used protection with them," he assures me, but his face tells me he understands where I'm coming from. I look at him blankly. "Smile Roars. Smile okay. You're overthinking this. I don't like it when you're like this. It pains my heart physically to see you sad and confused," he whispers as we approach the boys. I grab his hand in search of comfort. He gives my hand a squeeze as we both sit down on a log. When I look up Carter frowns. He's not mad he seems more confused and concerned.

"Alright boys and girl it's question time. What has been a major thought for you this week?" Ryder asks us while handing me a stick with two marshmallows. 

"Ethan you start," Felix declares. 

"Uh I have been thinking about how I want to run a skate school," Ethan says in his deep voice. I don't often talk to him. But his voice is awesome. 

"This week I have been thinking about how I want to propose to Mia," Felix grins, causing all the boys to let out a big "whoop!". 

"This week I have been bouncing ideas on how I'm going to ask Hunter to be my girlfriend and about entering the big surf comp," Jackson says. Next is Rocky which means I have to go after him. But I'm only half listening. 

"This week I have been thinking about moving to the city," Rocky says. Now I'm listening. 

"Oh no you're not. If you do I'm moving with you. You can't leave me Rocky. Don't be an idiot," I glare at him. Tears run down my cheek. 

"Rora you didn't let me finish," Rocky grabs my wrist to prevent me from walking away. I nod and sit down again. "I want to move the city when I finish school. So I can live close to princess while she's in dance academy," Rocky explains. Now I feel stupid for getting sad. 

"You're the best!" I kiss his cheek. 

"I know," he smiles and then bows. 

"Your turn princess," Ty says from beside me. They call me princess because of the whole Arora being my actual name thing. 

"I've been thinking about Mum and Dad. I can't wait to see them. I also have been thinking about dance. I really want to win," I pop my warm marshmallows into my mouth.

 "I've been thinking about my brother fighting in Afghanistan," Ty says. I didn't even know that. It's Carter's turn and I feel sad. In my frustration and confusion I forgot his brother was dying.

 "I have been thinking about how life is unfair. But sometimes life gives us a saving grace," he offers me a smile. 

"That would be Rora right?" Ethan declares throwing the bag of marshmallows at me. 

"Of course it is," Felix yells. Ryder winks at me before saying his thought. 

"I've been thinking about how my sisters are growing up so fast. How I am so proud of them," That pulls my heart strings he always has the best intentions for me and Bella. 

"I have been thinking about moving in with Charice, she lives with Cassia. So I will see Shaun even more," Kade says. Sometimes their bromance is a little intense to be honest. But they are pretty cool guys and Kade is my cousin so I have to love him.

 "This week my mind has been filled with organising my 21st. It is really stressful," Shaun smiles as he buries his feet in the sand.

"I didn't realise boys actually talked about deep stuff like this," I laugh. I wave my marshmallows over the flame.