"At least we know now... God man, I feel horrible for everything. I should've listened to you when you told me to stop. How could you be so nice, yet stay in the popular crowd?"

"Drake, I'm your best friend. The best friend of the most popular guy makes me automatically popular. Plus, I'm the hottest guy at the school."

"Aren't we both, haha!"

My mood was lightened a bit. He always makes the gloominess in me go away. I'm glad he's my best friend.

"Yea...So what do you want to do about Catherine?" I asked.

"I was actually thinking about that. Remember earlier I met an old friend, the guy I saw at the office?"

"Yea, what about him?"

"They actually knew each other in the past."

"What? How did you know?"

"Don't you think there was a reason I had a soft spot for Catherine?"

". . .you did?"

"Damn Drake, you can be oblivious to things. Yea, I never did anything to her."

"Huh. I never noticed. Now that I think about it, I really am oblivious."

"Yea. So any who, Michael, his name, was best friends with Catherine. I thought they were going to get married. I never met Catherine at the time, but he always spoke to her."

"Where did he go for so long?"

"That's the thing I'm going to find out at 3:00 today. One day he was hanging out with me, then went to see her at their meeting point, next thing I know he disappeared. I never heard from him since."

"That's so weird."

"I know. And it just happen that after that, you moved here, became my best friend, and we met Catherine the next year."

"That's right. I never started being so rude to her until 6th grade, which was when I had my first class with her. Man, I feel horrible right now."

"Don't sweat too much. It already happened, and there's nothing you can do to change the past. Only to look forward to the future and refrain from continuing those mistakes."

"Yes, mother. Damn you sound like a wuss."

"Shut up, I've been told." He rolls his eyes and punches my shoulder, playfully.

"Ouch! You could've broken my arm!" I tease.

"Now let's start heading out, lunch will end soon."

"Fuck, don't remind me. I have government after this."

"Haha, it's ok, you have Veronica to entertain you."

"Dude, she's hot and all, great lay too, but hella annoying."

"I know, she bothers me in physics almost every day."

"She can be really slutty sometimes. Have you fucked her yet?"

"You know I'm not a man whore." He looks at me with the knowing eyes.

"I've gotten better, you have to admit that."

"Maybe, I haven't been paying attention!"

The bell rang to interrupt their conversation.

"Alright, I'll talk to you later, dude."

"Bye Neil, see you later."

We gave each other the bro hug and went our separate ways. Now...government with Veronica. Fuck.

*Neil's POV*

School passed by quickly after the meeting with Drake. I felt so bad for not knowing his past. But since he seemed pretty happy now, I guess that means he's moved on. That's a good sign. It's 2:45 and I get ready to face my childhood friend. I'm happy he's back, but I have so many questions for him. Walking to the park, I notice that no one was there. It's a quiet park for a public place. Then again, with the newer park, who would come here. I look down at my watch. 2:58.

I sat on a bench under a tree to get some shade. It's a nice day today. My mind drifts to Catherine. I wonder how she is doing. She looks better then she has before. I can see more color on her cheeks, and her soft pink lips. Her long black hair looks brushed and soft, and....what the fuck am I doing. Suddenly, I feel a hand on my shoulder and jump in surprise.

"Neil!" a familiar voice calls behind me.

Michael! I turn around and see a face that still looks the same as the 5 year old version of a boy I used to know.

Author's Note: Yea, this was a little short. But hey, I'm uploading multiple times a week. I can only do so much while also having a life! Hope you like it! Vote, Comment, Share! Tell me your thoughts please! Feedback would help me out a lot! :) Enjoy!