28. I Cherish My American Girl

Start from the beginning

"Austin volunteered to watch Max and the house while we're gone." Jaime informs me.

"Yeah speaking of, when am I coming back?" I question bending down to pet Max who lay next to Austin's foot.

"You come back on the twenty-fifth." He points out.

I nod my head in agreement then say goodbye to Austin and Max following closely behind Jaime to the yellow taxi sitting outside our house.

I take the black Pierce The Veil jacket I had on my arm and zipped it up around my body, the cool air hitting my skin and placing millions of goose bumps on my arms and neck.

We were at the airport in no time and when we finally finished check in routines we walked to our gate that read Brussels, Belgium- 6:15 on the overhead sign.

As we got closer I saw a girl with long pin straight black hair, tattoos on her arms with her square Ray Ban glasses, only wearing them because she hates putting on contacts in the morning.

"Spencer!" I screech running to her and landing on her lap, pulling her into a tight hug.

It was as if we haven't seen each other in years when in reality I saw her only four days ago for lunch.

"You're coming with us?!" She screeched equally as loud.

I nodded my head with a big smile, "Yeah Jaime surprised me and brought me along."

"I decided it'd be nice to bring you along so I won't miss you terribly and also so Spencer will have someone with her." Jaime explains.

I get up and give him a hug getting a tight one in return before our gate was called to be boarded, we handed the lady our tickets and walked onto the plane getting comfortable in the seats we'll be sitting in for the next five and a half hours to New York for our connecting flight.

Once the plane was in the air I pulled out my tablet and played a movie for Jaime and me putting on the Avengers, not even half way through I felt myself nodding off and fall into a deep sleep.

"Babe wake up." I hear Jaime whisper into my ear.

I squirm around and slowly pull my eyes open seeing Jaime grab the bag from over our heads.

"Come on we just landed in New York." He smiles.

I put my things into the bag quickly then get up to stand with him walking off the plane then over to where our next gate was at.

We had an hour layover so the seven of us including Casey, Mike's drum tech, decided to grab a bite to eat at the McDonald's across from our gate.

"So the Sleeping guys are already out there?" Casey asked through a mouth full of fries.

"Yeah they left yesterday." Vic answered taking a drink of his coke while scrolling through his phone.

I was taking a bite of my burger when I felt my phone vibrate; I pulled it out of my back pocket and saw an unfamiliar number flash on the screen. I've never been one to answer calls from people I don't know so I swiped the decline button and sent them to voicemail.

"Who was it?" Jaime leans over to ask.

"I don't know but if it's important they'll leave a voicemail."

And they never did, but in the time between the first call and our flight they called a total of three times, not once leaving a voicemail and not once did I answer, in the back of my head I was afraid of who it could be on the other line. They couldn't possibly know my number though, right?