chapter two ❤

"Brookel?" Riker asked, snapping my attention away from his Abbs. "Can I speak with you after class?"

"Umm... yes." I said my cheaks heating up. Did he see me staring?

"Alright." He looked at me for a few moments and I was releved when he turned his attention away from me. "Good job today. Miles," he turned away from look at me and focused on miles. "You need to work on your back crawl though. And han-" he was cut of my the whistle indicating that it was time to go.

We all jumped out of the pool. It was a very cold day today. I looked up at the sky searching for the sun. It was covered by a cloud. I shivered at I slipped on my flip flops. I looked around for my towel when I realized I left it in my moms car on the way here. Great. Just great.

I made my way over to riker who looked up from his phone and let his green eyes settle on me. "Hello." He said with his deep voice.

"H-hi." I shivered.

"Are you cold? Do you have a towel?" He said looking a little bit concerned.

"I-I forgot it." I wrapped by arms around myself feeling self conscious that he was looking at my body. He wasnt checking me out or anything (which I wouldn't mind) but he was looking at me. I mean I shouldn't be self conscious. I actually had a really good body but he made me feel... nervous. Just a stupid crush on a older guy. Well he only looked around 20 but still.

"Here." He spun around and snatched his towel off the ground. "You can use this for a little while." He walked over to me and placed the towel around my shoulders. I froze and waited for him to back away. He only took a few steps back. My heart began beating faster.

"Thanks." I finally forced out.

"Yeah. So I just wanted to tell you I think you need to work a little harder. I mean your not terrible but everyone else in the class is progressing faster I don't have time to wait for one person." He smiled but I frowned.

"Um.. okay. Sorry." I said turning away. My eyebrows furrowed.

"Brookel, you don't need to be mad." I turned back around to find him closer than before. "I just want to help everyone in my class."

"Yeah. Okay." I smiled a small smile before leaving.

"Can we please go." I beged. Literally. I was on my knees lacing my fingures together begging Steph.

"But what if he's there?" She groaned.

"Exactly. I will get to meet him. You still haven't told me his name." I stuck my tongue out at her. "But you can have a few drinks and you won't be so nervous. See? Win win situation right here." I smiled.

She sighed. "You know I don't like parties, brook." I pouted my lip. "But I suppose. But you owe me. understand?" She pointed a fingure at me.

I nodded "understood." I finally won her over. Now... what to wear?

We arrived at the party around midnight. People we're outside drinking from red solo cups. I could hear the music blasting from inside the house. Good thing there arent any neighbors around here.

I had decided to wear a white shirt with the sleeves revealing my shoulder then continuing down to my wrists. I wore black skinny jeans and striped black and white heels. I matched the outfit with a black and white floral handbag.

Stephanie was wearing a red dress that went just past her fingurtips when her arms wear at her sides. It was short sleeves and had a large cut out in the back.

Frankly I was very proud of my friend. This is most daring thing she's ever worn anywhere besides a bikini.

"Ready?" I asked smiling at her and we excited my car.