Bethany-part 12

We drive up in Sarah's jeep at Mack's house. We are going to Longhorn Steakhouse. It is one of my favorite restaurants. I know that it is Mack's favorite. I am in the back seat next to Talyn. Darby is in the front with Sarah. Sarah does not trust Talyn to be next to her because she will make her laugh uncontrollably and make her get in a wreck. She does it to all of us in class. That is one of my favorite things about her. She is hilarious. We tell each other everything. Well, I have a boyfriend and I do not know how to tell them. Normally it would be easy, but not this time. Because this time, it is Talyn's brother. He is a year younger than me. I have not found out how to tell her.
           We park and get out of the car. I like her car. I am thinking of getting a jeep too, but a white one. We open her door and we hear her on the phone. I don't know what she is saying, but don't pay much attention to it. We sit down in the kitchen and Darby and Talyn get some chips from her pantry. Sarah laughs and rolls her eyes.
                " We are fixing to eat steak! You too are going to be full!" Says Sarah.
              " Yeah totally," I agree nodding my head. " Hey Sarah! Look a dolphin your favorite animal!" I say. She runs to the window and when she isn't looking, I stuff a handful of lays bbq potato chips into my mouth. Talyn and Darby  laugh.
               Sarah turns around and says, " Hey I don't see anything. Zebras and Horses are my favorite by the way!" I smile keeping my mouth shut. Somehow a chip falls out and Talyn and Darby giggle.
             " I give up!" Sarah sighs. She takes one chip from the bag. We all look at her. " It is just one chip! Don't judge me!" She says. We all laugh as Mack comes in the kitchen. Her eyes are glassy and her mascara is smeared.             

           " What happened!" Says Darby. Sarah turns around to look at Mack.
          " Mack are you ok?!?" She says surprised.
               " M-my dad is in the h-hospital," she says trying to hold back her tears. We all run over to her and hug her.
            " I am so sorry. What happened?" I say.
                " h-he w-was in a car accident and he is in surgery. He is in critical condition." She shudders. Tears start falling from her face. " They don't know if he will live." She says starting to sob.