“Nice!” I tried to keep it short, but I was ecstatic about this, if a wee bit nervous.

        “Traaaaaacyyyyyyyyy," Miko whined, "stop playing with doctor boring and let’s go for another dune-bashing in Bulkhead!”

        Unfortunately, Bulkhead attempted to put a dent in that plan. “Uh, Miko, don’t you have homework?”

        “Awwww, Bulkhead, you know homework isn’t that important," Miko insisted.

        “Miko, you need to do your homework if you’re ever going to graduate," the large green mech rebuted, though he wasn't angry. Despite his size, he never seemed to get angry with her.

        “C’mon, can’t I just get turned into an Autobot like Tracy?” She asked, trying her luck on the issue.

        The answer came from, as she would say 'Doctor Boring'. “No, the resources needed and the process itself is going to be extremely complicated. It would take a while before we can do it again.”

        “Aw man," Miko whined again, crossing her arms with a pout. Again, she looked angrier than she was.

        I smiled and slapped a hand on her shoulder playfully. “Don’t worry, Miko, we’ll still have fun.”

        “Yeah, but you’ll be your own transportation," Miko said with a frown.

        I shrugged. “Who says I can’t be your transportation, too?”

        She looked up at that, grinning. “Oh, cool! We’re totally gonna kick 'Con butt! You, me and Bulkhead! We’ll destroy every 'Con that comes our way!”

        I chuckled at her, she could always make me smile. “Whatever you say, Miko.”

        “Tracy," Ratchet interrupted, definitely ruining the moment. "Before you go into battle you’ll need to be trained and conditioned for it. It could be years before you even see a fight.”

        Well that sounded delightful. I whirled around to glare at him. “What are you talking about? Jack, Raf and Miko have all seen plenty of battles.”

        “By accident," the medic insisted. "They weren’t supposed to be there at the time, but it was simply unavoidable for them to stay safe and for the Autobots to remain in vehicle mode.”

        Saying I was a little bit frustrated at the situation would be an understatement. I was willing to give my all, and they were, well, kind of putting up a road block. “This is ridiculous! I’ve trained in self-defense! I can fight! That’s why I chose to become an Autobot! That’s why I’m here and that’s why you need me! What good will I be if the rest of you die and I’m still ‘training?' Then what, Doc? What will you do if the rest of them are slaughtered and I’m the only one left because you wouldn’t let me on the battlefield? That's ridiculous!"

        “Then so be it, but you cannot go out before you are ready.” He. Was. Absolutely calm. How could he be so calm about this?

        “Would you say that if it were Optimus who bit the dust?” Okay, so, a bit of a low blow. I knew that. But I couldn't help myself.

        Ratchet flinched slightly but wouldn't acknowledge what I'd said.

        I paused for a moment before speaking again. “Optimus would know what I’m talking about.”

        “Optimus is not here," Ratchet replied curtly.