Chapter 1

The room is uncontrollably spinning. I try to focus, but I can't. I look around the room, against the walls I see girls walking around. Normal girls. They shouldn't be here, everyone was dead. The world ended. I failed my mission to save the world.

How on earth are they still here?

"Hi! Nice to meet you. You're new here right? I'm still really nervous, there are so many people here. Its crazy. I saw something like this once in a TV show. It was so funny,"

"Where am I?" I interrupted the girl. She didn't think much of it, just kept up talking at an obnoxiously fast pace.

"Summer camp, silly." She says, like its obvious. My head is pounding, but I manage to focus on her face. Her dark brown hair is everywhere in her face. Her chocolate brown eyes look up at me innocently. She doesn't look any older then 12.

"Well, I guess not really summer camp, since its October, but its really cool. There's a lot of nice people." I had to take a step back. The last thing I remembered it was April or maybe May. I feel like a piece of my brain is missing.

"Where am I? Location" I say losing my patience with this girl.

She looks up at me, while taking a step back. A worried look on her face that looked vaguely familiar. "Miami, Florida. Are you ok? You look sick?" The girls asks.

"I have to go." I say quickly. Everyone is smiling and laughing. Everyone is happy, too happy.

Something is extremely wrong, I just can't figure out what it is. I walk down brightly painted hallways until I find a door that says staff only. I throw it open to find a man sitting behind a desk.

"Max. I've been expecting you'd come here. Especially, since that sign said staff only. You've never been much of a person to follow rules." He had a smirk across his face, "Take a seat, the side effects haven't completely warn off yet."

"What is going on?" I scream at him, parts of my memories are flooded back, but only in fragments. I feel like my head will explode. 

"That is no way to greet your father," he says calmly. "You look so confused? Do you remember your name?" He asks.

I pause for a second. "Max. Maximum Ride." The name slips from my lips.

"I am Maximum Ride." I say again, stronger.