Chapter VIII: Police, Coffee, and Lipstick Stains

I hope you all are enjoying our story so far! Please don't forget to vote, comment, and share with all your friends and family! We appreciate all of your support.  :)

This chapter is the continuation of the former, written by Maheen.

Maheen glanced at Mason when Max's car stopped and he smirked, knowing full well that she was speechless. "Guess who taught him that." When she didn't bother replying, he wiggled his eyebrows and said, "The one and only Mason Greyfield."

"You're kidding."

But her best friend just shook his head, still smirking. "Go ask him."

Maheen turned around. Max rolled down the window, a grin plastered onto his face. His sunglasses were on even though it was nearly 7 o'clock PM. "So who's going to ride in the stunning vehicle of Maximus Earheart?"

For a second, no one said anything. Ahmad stood there, scowling at Max. Then all of a sudden, the world exploded.

"I'd rather die than go with Ahmad."

"I CALL MAX'S SHOTGUN."

"NO IT'S MINE."

"What a contrast to Ahmad's minivan."

"I'm in the BMW."

"I HATE ALL OF YA'LL."

Maheen took a deep breath and what came out of her mouth closed everyone else's. "SHUT UP BEFORE I STAB ALL OF YOU UNGRATEFUL CHILDREN." The shouts and screams ceased abruptly for a second so, of course, and she took advantage of their silence. A smirk appearing on her face, she quickly said, "But Mason and I are going with Max."

And before the world turned upside-down again, in a split second Mason jumped in the shotgun seat, Hana shoved Rami and herself in the backseat, Maheen jumped in beside Hana, and Isra squeezed in the space left of Maheen, slamming the door shut.

Commotion erupted outside, the girls arguing and backing away from the infernal contraption of Sir Ahmad Amari. The sound proof doors of Max's BMW and their own heavy breathing muffled the shouts of argument outside but they could still hear the negativity, nonetheless.

Mason locked the doors and both boys turned around, identical cheesy grins on their faces.

"Well, that was something." Max said.

"Amen, brother."

They all looked outside and the scene before them caused them to burst into laughter.

Outside, Dana, Ayeshah, and Saher were backing away from the minivan, all shuddering at the thought of sitting in Ahmad's car. He was staring at them with narrowed eyes, face red. Just add steam pouring from his ears, and it would complete the look.

Saher was shaking her head slowly, eyes darting towards the BMW.

"Are you sure you've locked the car?" Isra asked nervously.

Max waved his hand dismissively, "Yeah, yeah. It's locked."

Suddenly, a voice boomed from outside making everyone in the can jump, "JUST GET IN THE DAMN CAR." Maheen's eyes widened. She turned her attention towards the noise and saw that Ahmad had come out of his car, hands clenched into fists, face still bright red. He looked like he wanted to snap someone's neck.

He sure does have some anger issues. Maheen thought, and covered her mouth, laughing. All eyes were trained towards the furious Shadowhunter.

Saher stared at him as if he was a piece of rotten, squished up gum. Turning to the BMW, she flourished an arm at Ahmad. "Well, do you really expect us to go with him?" she called. No one said a word.