Chapter IV: The Unwelcome Visitor

I hope you enjoy this next chapter; it will explain what happened with Hana and introduce a couple of characters, but it might be a bit confusing because it has many people. Vote and comment your opinions; and share this story with friends! We'd really appreciate it.

This chapter is written by Hana.

It was a bright Saturday morning. Hana had spent the beginning of it violently shaking a warlock in her bed.

"Samrah!" She exclaimed for about the twentieth time and successfully received a groan from the warlock.

"Leave me alone..." Samrah grumbled and turned away from Hana.

The Shadowhunter sighed and paced by the side of the colorful bed. She had wasted ten precious minutes of breakfast time on waking up her friend.

"It's 9:45 AM, Samrah. You usually don't sleep this late." She sat on the nightstand. Before the big demon fight, Hana had lived with Samrah at her apartment. She knew almost every one of her friend's routines. Normally, Hana would be the one sleeping overtime.

At that statement, Samrah sat up.

"9:45?" She asked groggily.

"9:46, to be exact." Hana chuckled softly then helped Samrah out of bed.

"Whatever, Hana." The warlock rolled her cat-like eyes. Hana couldn't help but stare. The marks of warlocks always fascinated Hana for some odd reason. It was probably the uniqueness of them.

While she waited for Samrah to fix herself up, she leaned her back on the doorway with her eyes closed.

What was she going to tell the Head of the Institute, Maryam? She was aware that Hana was banned from the Shadowhunter country of Idris and Clave Council meetings because of what she was accused of, but Hana was also shunned by Nephilim for three years. Maryam was most likely not going to welcome her as a guest.

Suddenly, her name was called by a high voice of a child.

Rami.

Hana turned to the sound and quickly enveloped the figure into a hug, rubbing the back of his head as the child told her how much he missed her.

"You've grown so big! Look at you!" Hana exclaimed once they pulled away and smiled warmly at the child. His brown eyes were shining proudly, and his chest puffed out.

"Mama said I grew six inches in one night!" He stretched his body up to seem taller.

Hana ruffled his hair and laughed, then stood up. "I'm sure you did."

"Come on, you said you wanted to eat breakfast." Samrah exited through and closed her door. They took off towards the kitchen on the first floor, Rami squeezing Hana's hand as if at any moment, it would disappear. This child was a cousin from her mother's side, the Fairfox family. He was the only one who actually believed what she said about not doing anything wrong, and he never thought otherwise. They did not need to communicate with words; the sound of their feet was comforting enough.

She suddenly stopped. Hana heard a sharp sound. She released Rami's hand, whipped around, and pinned something to the wall, and Samrah turned around, startled.

"Woah, it's just me!" the boy exclaimed, Mason. Hana loosened her grip and took a step back, crossing her arms. She heard Rami laugh quietly.

"Don't sneak up like that! I didn't see you come in the Institute."

The Institute was a safe building for Shadowhunters. Vampires and demons could not enter, but she recalled that Mason was a werewolf.

"I just got in," he replied in a matter-of-fact manner. Samrah scoffed.