Chapter 5 My Enemy's Lover

RECAPP:

I paused Tuck Everlasting and picked up the note.

CHAPTER 5:

Hayley POV

I was just about to open the note when my cell started blaring Dance, Dance by Fall Out Boy.

"Hola mi amigo."

"Yo. This is Lucas." I was just about to hang up when he said, " Hayley wait! Don't hang up! We need to talk. Please!?"

I sighed. " Fine. But not over the phone. Meet me at the park in a half hour. Peace out girl scout." I guess that was sorta rude but.....he deserved it. I took off my sofie shorts and slipped on my favorite skinnys, grabbed my black hoodie, put on my converse, grabbed my ipod and started walking. It was gonna be a long walk. I pressed play on my ipod and The Greatest Story Ever Told by ICE NINE KILLS came on. Well at least I have good music...I'd die without it. About 20 minutes later I arrived at the park and walked over to the swings. I saw a blond head of hair walking my way.

"Hayley! You came!"

"Course I did. It was MY idea after all. Now, what'd you want?"

"I'm so sorry Hayley! I shouldn't of fought Logan. But he's only dating you because of a bet. And that gets to me because........I really like you?" it came out as a question.

Lucas POV

"I'm so sorry Hayley! I shouldn't of fought Logan. But he's only dating you because of a bet. And that gets to me because........I really like you?" putting my plan into action and expressing my feelings at the same time.

"You.....you...what? Is this some kind of joke? Where's Ashton Kutcher? I'm being Punk'd right?" she's adorable when she's confused. "And Logan would never hurt me like that! Never. So take your lies and leave! I'm not falling for your games again!"

"Hayley, this time its different i swear!!!!!! I was a total jerk before but I want to change....for you."

"LIES!!!!! You are the biggest player in the school and you'll NEVER change!!!!!"

"Hayley," I said longingly.

"Goodbye Lucas," she spun on her heel and left. I watched her until she was out of sight, and then I headed home.

HAYLEY's POV

Hayley's POV:

I turned and ran. I can't let him inside my head. That's his game. And the last time I believed his sweet lies, I was rewarded with a bittersweet punishment. I refuse to cave in. I broke him down before, so I can do it again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~{}~~~~~~~~~~>~~~~^~~~^

Hola. its really short.......again.

sorry!!!!!!

~bri

"You're cute when you're confused. No I'm being serious babe."

"

"No Hay-Hay. I'm serious. I really like you. And I don't want you to get hurt because of a stupid bet that some dumb guys made because they don't see how beautiful you are."

"You.....you need to back off. Logan isn't dating me because of a bet.....he would never do that to me. You, on the other hand, would." ouch. Playing the player card. That's cold.