A Party, a Dance and an Astonishment

Third Person's POV

"Peggy," Natasha called. It was 6 o'clock, and time to get ready for the party. "Come with me and we'll pick out an outfit!"

"Oh, a-alright," Peggy said, following her.

It took a lot, but they finally landed on an outfit. It was a navy blue dress with a white pearled necklace. And of course, her signature red lipstick. Not her brand, that would be bad, Peggy thought.

"You look great," Natasha smiled at the work she had, partially done.

"As do you," Peggy returned. Natasha was wearing just black, almost floor length dress and curled red hair. "Let's go, shall we," Natasha asked. Peg, nodded her head a they went back down stairs.

Steve met them, well Peggy, at the bottom. "Thank you Natasha," Peggy's thanked, as Natasha walked away. "No problem," she replied.

"You look beautiful," Steve said.

"Thank you, you look handsome," Peggy returned the comment.

"Hey! Peggy, Spangles, come on over here," Tony yelled a cross the room. "We are trying to lift the hammer... again."

"Why," Peggy asked in curiosity.

"Because, no one but Thor, and now vision, can lift it. We are not 'worthy'" Steve said with air quotes. They walked over to the couch and sat down.

"Clint, you start," Bruce suggested.

Clint got up and pulled, tugged and did everything in his power to lift it. But it wouldn't budge.

The Tony tried, bare handed, and he too, couldn't make it move. "I'll be right back," he left and came back with his Iron Man hand. He tried it with all his might, and added a boosters, nothing moved. Peggy, thought it was funny watching all these 'men' trying to lift a hammer. The rest of the Avengers gave it a go and again failed. When Steve tried, it looked like it moved and Thor had a worried look. But he couldn't move it and Thor laughed, mostly in relief as Steve, looked like, he moved it yet again. Even Pepper and Jane tried.

Thor leaned forward, "It is simple, you are not worthy," he said as he picked it up.

"Peggy, why don't you try?" Clint asked.

Peggy smiled and shook her head. "Oh, no thank you."

"Oh, come on," they all pleaded in usion.

"Fine," Peggy said standing up walking to where Thor had set it down. Peggy got herself in position. It would be incredible, if she could do this infront of all these men, Peggy thought.

Peggy placed her hands on the hammer while everyone watched in anticipation. Peggy, knowing it was going to be heavy and not an easy task, that is, if she could actually do it, stood her ground.

Then pulled on the hammer. To her and everyone's surprise she had done it, she lifted the god's hammer. With ease!

Everyone praised her and Thor smiled with, what's the right word... astonishment.

After the overwhelming shock to all, everyone picked a partner and danced. Steve, after Peggy had showed him, did really well.
After the party everyone went to there rooms and went to sleep. Except for Thor, every night Thor goes back to Asgard.

Steve escorted Peggy to an empty room. "Goodnight Steve," Peggy said as she pecked his cheek.

Steve blushed and said goodnight. Then he too, retired for bed.

***
Edited February 12, 2016