Chapter 41: I Love Him; I Love Him Not

Start from the beginning

"This is where we part ways I'm assuming?" Elise asks and I shrug.

"See you later," I wink and take a basket of cleaning supplies.

"If you take too long I'm coming to get you," Elise says as I drift away.

This was the hardest part of it all. The easiest part would be getting past the guards making their rounds by his room. The hardest part about this will be getting passed Mikhail. I don't think he's paid much attention to any of the selected but then again he was working for Daisy.

I swiftly dodge the guards with my head down and approach his bedroom. Mikhail's tall frame wasn't hard to miss. As I neared the room Mikhail glanced slightly over at me which was strange to me because I was approaching form what was supposed to be a blind spot.

I try to control my pounding heart as I walk up to him. "Elise told me to-"

"Clean the room. Yeah. I know. Go ahead," Mikhail says in a clipped tone that covers up his heavy Russian accent. This felt a little too easy but I wasn't going to bring that up. I place my hand on the door handle and swiftly slide into the room.

The moment I actually focus on the area around me I hear a loud scream that sounded anything but terrified.

I would know that platinum blond hair anywhere and with it flying all over the place while she seemed to be bouncing up and down on Forrest. I felt like I was going to throw up. I open the door slightly and slam it just enough to catch their attention.

Daisy rolled over Forrest and onto the floor acting like she was caught by surprise. The reason why Mikhail let me in so easily clicked into place.

"Cordelia?" Forrest practically screams as he flings himself up from the bed.

"Sorry," I say sweetly. "Am I interrupting something?"

Daisy pops up her head from the end she fell off of and uses part of the sheet to cover herself up. "Oh, uh, Cordelia-"

"Save it." I glare at her as she scrambles to collect her things. Quite the actress.

"I'll uh, go now, I guess," Daisy says in a soft voice and as she passes me she shoots me a smirk. All I wanted to do was wipe that smile right off her face.

"What the hell are you doing in here!?" Forrest demands in a hard voice and I cross my arms and look away from his bare chest. I wasn't going to appreciate how good he looked with a shirt off because honestly I couldn't even look at him after witnessing what just happened.

"I came to talk to you but since you and Harlan requested that we not seek you out I had to take other measures."

"You obviously didn't register the part about us wanting privacy." Forrest snaps and between his anger toward me and the fact Daisy was so close to killing him, kind of made me want to cry. I don't cry. Cordelia doesn't cry.

Sure he was doing something that I would rather not have seen but I knew he's done it before. It's not like we were even dating or that I had the right to restrict him from these kinds of things. There's also the fact I'm out kissing his brother and doing things with his brother that doesn't justify me being jealous. I'm not that selfish either. The bigger picture was not to be upset about him sleeping with someone but that it was Daisy. I'm not sure what she was planning but she obviously knew I was going to pull something after I found out who she was.

I had to make sure this never happened again. Unless it was with a girl from his selection he wasn't safe with anyone else.

"Why are you so quiet?" He asks a little more timid. The fear in his voice was there but I wasn't sure why. There was nothing here to be afraid of.