Mermaid! Reader x Takeru Totsuka II

Life for a mermaid is fun yet dangerous. You get to do whatever you want with no one questioning or scolding you. But the dangerous part is, the fishermen and sometimes, oil spills which can be very dangerous to a mermaid's health as well as sea creatures. But luckily, oil spills rarely happens so you just need to look out for those fishermen.

One day, as you were swimming in the ocean, you caught a glimpse of a blue-haired man sitting at the seashore. You recognized him to be Totsuka Takeru, the Japanese god of the Sea. Ever since you were little, you had been very good friends with him. You were one of the few persons he seemed to be calm when around.

"Ta-ke-ru!" You shouted from afar. He seemed to hear you because he turned to your direction and gave you a grin. You waved in return and hurriedly swam to where he is.

"Say, what're you doing here?" You cheerfully asked as you tried to climb on a large rock to sit on it. But it was kind of hard since the rock was slippery. Takeru noticed this, so he picked you up and settled you on the rock.

"Nothing. I just wanted to see the ocean." He replied after helping you up on the rock.

"Oh?" You raised an eyebrow. "Takeru, I know if you have problems. C'mon. Tell 'em to me."

Takeru sighed. "It's just that being a Sea god has been really stressing lately."

"Oh come on, you can do it! I know you can!" You tried on cheering him up which seemed to work because he gave you a genuine smile and stood up.

"Well then, I have to get going (First Name), the sun is setting" Takeru said. You smiled and jumped back in the water. "Yeah sure! See you again sometime!" You smiled cheerfully and disappeared underwater. Takeru smiled a little bit to himself again. Seeing you just for a short time today had made him more than happy since both of you haven't been able to spend time with each other now, unlike your child-hood days.

--

You swam underwater, it was night-time, but you being a mermaid, you can see clearly underwater when it's supposed to be dark. You passed by a few dolphins and fishes which greeted you. Well, it's expected that you understand them because you're a mermaid. You kept on swimming until you felt something hang on your tail. You kept twisting and turning but it still won't come off. Too late when you realized that it was a net. And with all that motion that you did, those fishermen might've thought that they caught a really huge fish.

Before you realized it, another net was thrown in the water and then soon enough, your whole body was covered in net which made it really hard for you to move. It seemed like the fishermen were trying to pull the net up because you felt like you were rising from the water. You tried your best to weigh it down as you tried to find a way to break free from the net. A few fishes and sea creatures gathered around you swimming in a panicked way. In fish language, they were telling you: 'hang on! We'll get help! We just can't go near the net or else we'll be caught too!'

---

Takeru walked back and forth infront of the seashore. Halfway back from the ocean after you two parted ways, Takeru started feeling uneasy and worried. It always happened to him whenever something bad is happening there under the sea. A few minutes later, a dolphin popped out of the water and explained to Takeru that you were in trouble. Of course being the sea god, he understands sea creatures too.

Takeru changed into his godly form and plunged in the water, swimming as fast as he can as he followed the dolphin to where you were. Finally arriving at your location, Takeru immediately went near you and tried cutting the ropes.

"Takeru!" You worriedly said, tears forming in the corner of your eyes. [Which sounds weird because, how can you cry underwater?]

"Hang in there (First Name)! I'll free you!" Takeru said as he gritted his teeth.

A few minutes later, you broke free even before the fishermen would pull the net up. You and Takeru swam away from that boat as far as you could, just in case one of the fishermen jumps into the water because of curiosity.

When both of you came to a stop,thinking that it was now safe, both of you went to the surface and you immediately hugged Takeru and buried your face in his chest while crying.

"I....I was s-so scared." You said in-between your cries as Takeru just hugged you tighter and petted your (hair color) hair.

"It's alright...everything's alright now..." He whispered to your ear. He then pulled your chin with his hand and looked straight to your (eye color) eyes. "It's going to be alright...ok?" He whispered again as he hugged you tighter under the moonlight.

"Hey you know (First Name?)"

"What?" You asked while you rubbed your eyes.

"I love you."

Your eyes widened at what he said. "Y-you do...?"

Takeru blushed a little and looked away. "W-well yeah...ever since we were little..."

You smiled brightly and hugged him reaaal tight. "FINALLY! Did you not know how long I've waited for you to tell me this?!"

"Wait. So you knew about me liking you all this time?"

"Duh. It's really obvious. But no worries, I love you too~~"

"This is why I love you (First Name), this is why." Takeru chuckled.

[A/N: Once again, another rushed one-shot just to make-up for the many months that I wasn't able to write! I was writing this in the middle of the night and I was so sleepy! So sorry if it's kind of...you know, not satisfying? :3 ]

UNEDITED. Sorry if there are wrong grammars or wrong spellings.