Actual Love. 2

Amber p.o.v

As I thought, I'm burning up with a fever. No wonder my body began to feel so hot. And I thought it was...never mind.

I pulled the thermometer out of my mouth and placed it on my bed side. I remembered what happened yesterday, with Mark, with Kris. Today is my birthday and I can't even spend it with the one I love. What am I supposed to do with that cake in the fridge? It's too sad to eat it alone, might as well throw it away.

I closed my eyes and thought of what would have happened if Kris was here with me, celebrating my birthday together. I pictured myself holding his hand tightly as he pulls me in closer to his chest, and kiss me on my eyes and neck like Mark did.

Wait, what?

Why am I thinking about what Mark did? How did I even bring him into my imagination with only me and Kiss, I mean, Kris.

As I pounded my head with a pillow with my indecent thoughts, the door bell rang. I ran to open it but soon regretted it.

"H-hey Amber." Mark hesitated to say.

"Hey." I replied, daring not stare into his eyes. Who would have known what would have happened if I did, I am in a dangerous state after all.

"Look..I'm sorry for what I did. Don't think anything of it." He said apologetically.

Although I let him in, I still had my guard up. I was hesitant and above all I felt weird with me and Mark alone like kiss, I mean, this.

Mark P.o.v

Amber is too easy to read. It's obvious she conscious of what I did to her yesterday. That was sexual harassment you know, I don't blame her. And my apology wasn't enough.

I took a deep breath, "Amber, I have a girlfriend." I finally said.

She looked at me with bright eyes. The pain pierced me like a dagger. Look at how this lie made her so happy. I pity myself for falling in love with an already loved person. But the apology isn't real reason I'm here. I like to consider myself as a good friend, because I arranged a surprise party for my beloved Amber.

"Amber, your manager asked me to get you."

"Get me? What for."

"Work related or something."

"Oh, okay." she said as she slowly got up.

Before we headed out, I handed her the fever pills I had in my pockets as well as a bottle of water.

"Wha-"

"You have a fever." I replied.

"But how?"

"When I kissed you on the neck.....crap. I mean look at your face- terrible." I said while rushing out the door. Amber followed closely behind.

It took a half an hour to get there. A half an hour ride full of awkwardness that even the driver cringed at the atmosphere.

"Um...Mark? Where are we?", Amber asked as we approached a big black building, "This isn't my company building."

"I know." I said with a small smirk. Boy was she going to be surprised at what I planned out for her.

Exiting the car and entering the building, we walked down the hall until we met a big mahogany door. We pushed it open to only reveal a dark room.

"Surprise!" Everyone yelled as the lights turned on. Classic.

"Happy birthday, Ambaby!" Victoria scream as she engulfed Amber in her bear hug.

But that wasn't the real surprise. At the far end of the room, something sparkled. No, not something, but a jet that I convinced S.M to lend me.

"What's that for?", Amber said as the jet caught her eyes, "extreme decorations?"

I laughed. The reason hurts but I still laughed.

" Do you not want to go to China to spend your birthday with your one and truly?" I playfully nudged her.

She looked at me with wide watery eyes before she gave me a hug. I smiled a very sad pitiful smile. God, I really do pity me.

" I'd kiss you right now! But I have a boyfriend!" She said as she continued to hug me, she really did love Kris. A faithful girlfriend, he's lucky to have her.

But I wish I got that kiss though. I wish. Then maybe this bad feeling in my chest would go away.