Chapter 3

The next day, as Winnie's leaving for school, she finds Murr waiting at the doorway. "What are u doing here? Isn't uncle Q supposed to drop u off to school?" Winnie asked. "I decided to tag along with u today." Murr replies, smiling. "Are u stalking me again? I warned u the last time!" Winnie asks, angrily. Suddenly, Sal steps out. "Dad, he's stalking me again!" Winnie complains. "Murr, quit stalking her! It's creepy!" Sal warns. "I wasn't stalking her...I was just following her to protect her from bullies!" Murr explains. "U're being bullied?! Why didn't u tell me?" Sal exclaims in disbelief. "The kids at school tease her & call her a nerd." Murr tells Sal. "My daughter, a nerd? How dare they?!" Sal cries out, angrily. "Dad, I'm fine with it. They just call me a nerd, 'coz they can't pronounce studious!" Winnie remarks. She drags Murr away. "What the heck's ur problem?! Why'd u have to tell my dad all that?! Now he's gonna act all overprotective & whatever!" Winnie asks, angrily. "I was just being protective." Murr replies. "Well, I can protect myself, ok? Besides, I'm trying to join the 'Kool Gals'. It's a popular clique & I've to complete a few dares in order to join 'em!" Winnie exclaims, proudly. "If I get in, I'll no longer be a nerd!" she continues.