Chapter 2

But today, he didn't look homeless at all. Of course, he still wore the same old Batman tee & ripped jeans & he still smelt like a sweaty beggar....but atleast that shabby hair was out of the way & his face could be seen now, & what a handsome face it was! He grinned when he saw Winnie staring at him. Suddenly, he tossed a water balloon at her, but she ducked & it drenched poor Katz! Winnie knew all his tricks. He always kept stuff (like marbles, paper planes, water balloons, etc.) in his pocket to throw at her. Winnie was always at loggerheads with him 'coz of his childish attitude! "Hey, dork! Did u get a haircut?"she asked, rudely. "Yup! Dad forced me to get one. He said that he  was the only one who could pull off the long haired look!" Murr joked. "Seriously? Tell me the truth." Winnie asked. "Fine! I kept crashing into stuff. Mom thought that I needed glasses...turns out I just needed a haircut!" Murr grinned. "Maybe u should've gotten rid of that heavy thing too." Winnie pointed at the boombox. "Babe, I'm a DJ! Lemme play u a tune!" Murr lifted it over his head (just like John Cusack in 'Say anything') & a song blared out. Winnie laughed & shut the window. She was bored until Murr showed up. He always put her in a good mood...even though he annoyed her a lot too! Suddenly, Sal burst in. "What's all that racket?! It's Q's dorky kid again, eh? He drives me crazy, just like this filthy cat!" Sal tossed Katz (who'd wandered off to annoy him!) onto Winnie's bed. "Keep that cat away from me!"he scolded Winnie. "Sure, dad!"she giggled soon after he left the room! Suddenly, a pebble crashed through the window pane & almost hit her in the nose! She stormed towards the window, pushed it open & yelled at Murr, "U dork! U almost made me get a nose job!! U're gonna pay for this!" "Pay for what?  For the window pane or  the nose job?!" a sly Murr replied & ran home, leaving behind a fuming Winnie!
  Stay tuned 'coz Winnie & Murr's love-hate relationship's gonna change soon!