𝐱𝐢. TIME IS ON MY SIDE

Start from the beginning

He and Stefan took turns staying by her side, so if anything were to happen, one of them would be there. Bonnie had gone back to Whitmore to see the rest of her friends and Cassandra slept in one of the many guestrooms.

Damon paced around the room, not knowing what to do with himself. He still hadn't gotten answers from Klaus nor Cassandra yet. It was killing him on the inside, not having any knowledge of what was wrong with his sister and that these two people did.

He didn't understand how bad it could have been for Janelle not to say anything to him that it had to wait for something like this to happen first.

"God, why isn't Klaus here yet?" Damon mumbled, chugging back the rest of his bourbon.

"It's a long way from New Orleans. He'll be here," Stefan told him, but it was meant more for himself than it was for Damon. He just needed some reassurance Klaus would show up, especially for the sake of Janelle's life.

A small knock came from the door as Cassandra entered the room, her Grimoire held under her arm. Damon already knew what was coming, and he was quick to disagree.

"Oh, no," he told her. "No."

"Damon —"

He cut her off, "Absolutely not. Look what happened the last time you used that thing. We're not using magic on my sister."

Cassandra let out a deep sigh, "You're not the only one who cares about her, Damon. You could at least let me try."

"And watch you make matters worse? No, thanks," He replied in a monotone, filling up his glass for the fourth time this morning.

Drinking seemed to be the only way to get him to stay calm in this situation. As for Stefan, he was a bit eager to Cassandra's idea. He was willing to try anything if it meant getting Janelle back.

"What did you have in mind?" Stefan asked.

Damon looked at him like he was crazy. He couldn't believe that Stefan actually wanted her to help.

Cassandra smiled thankfully and sat on the foot of the bed. "There may be a spell in here to save Janelle. Now, it's a bit of a long shot, but it's the only thing that I was able to come across that would work best." She opened up her Grimoire and showed it to Stefan.

"An awakening spell?" His eyes wandered over the page, reading it over a few times. "It says you need a poppet. What is that?"

"Think of it as an object that would trade places with Janelle. Remove her from her sleeping state and put the poppet to rest instead."

"So, like what? A teddy bear?" Damon suggested, remembering how Bonnie used Ms. Cuddles to send away her magic.

"Precisely," Cassandra agreed with a nod of her head.

Damon was very hesitant about using magic again, but they were running out of ideas. This may be their only choice. "Fine. I'll look for something." With that, he walked out, leaving Stefan and Cassandra there.

As Damon went down the staircase, he contemplated whether he was making the right decision. Putting his sister's life in the hands of the woman who made her like this.

Maybe if I had tried harder to stop her... He thought.

As much as Damon wanted to blame Cassandra for this whole thing, he could help, but wonder if this was his fault. He wanted Bonnie to be brought home, but not at the risk of losing a sibling. 

Just as if Damon couldn't get any more irritated, he sensed the presence of another person in the room.

"Klaus." He turned around to face him, surprised to see that he wasn't alone. "And Elijah? Really?"