𝐱𝐢. TIME IS ON MY SIDE

Start from the beginning

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"It means exactly that," she retorted. "Janelle barely made it back in time. Not to mention, her blood was linked to the spell. The magic must've been too much for her." She didn't want to have to tell Janelle's family like this, but they deserved to know. "You'll need to let Klaus know about Janelle's condition. This matter concerns him as well."

"I'll pass," Damon scoffed.

"Damon," Cassandra warned, "Klaus sent her here for a reason. It wasn't safe for her to stay with him, so he wanted to ensure that the two of you would protect her under any circumstances. He has a right to know what is going on with her."

Bonnie didn't understand what she meant. She had been gone for so long; she never got the chance to catch up with what's been happening. "Why isn't it safe for Janelle?" Bonnie asked.

Cassandra thought over her words carefully — she didn't want to say too much. "It's not my place to say. Janelle will need to tell you all herself. That's if she gets the chance."

Damon narrowed his eyes at her, standing up from his previous position on the couch. He was becoming suspicious of Cassandra. "What are you hiding?"

"As I said," she repeated, "it's not my place. But if you were to call Klaus, I'm sure he'll be able to explain it to you."

Cassandra didn't like keeping secrets, but she also didn't enjoy confrontation. She had an idea as to why Janelle hasn't woken up yet, but it wouldn't be right for her to say without sharing too much information.

Damon's jaw clenched, ready to kill the stubborn witch who stood before him. He never trusted Klaus, but he trusted the intentions he had for his sister. That's the only reason he let Janelle be with him in the first place. For her happiness.

Damon gritted his teeth before leaving to a separate room to call the hybrid. Bonnie went with him while Stefan decided to stay back.

All he could do was hope and pray for Janelle to wake up. There's no one Stefan loved more than his big sister. Besides his brother, of course. But she was always there for him. He could talk to her about anything. They kept a close bond with each other. The thought of losing her was heartbreaking to him.

"Nelle, please." Stefan didn't notice it, but he had tears streaming down his face. He leaned his head against her shoulder with a sob. "You have to wake up."

Janelle was pale and looked, unlike her usual self. Her skin was cold, and the only type of body heat she was getting was from Stefan being so close to her.

"Do you think she'll make it?" Stefan's voice cracked.

"I can't speak on that, Stefan. I'm sorry," she apologized. "But I have seen other witches in similar situations. It's all has to do with a matter of time. And, unfortunately, Janelle's clock is definitely ticking."

He gulped, "How long?"

"48 hours," she replied, "maybe less."

Stefan tightened his grip on Janelle's hand. "So if she doesn't pull through by then..."

Cassandra was afraid he would ask that. He didn't need this on him right now. He's already been through enough for one day. But Stefan already knew what she was going to say. He just didn't want it to be true.

"She'll die."

———

It was now morning time.

Damon had moved Janelle up to her bedroom, so she'd be more comfortable when she woke up. Yes, he still believed that she would make it out of this, despite what Cassandra says.