"Greenwood my dear, have you no memory?" A flash of concern enters the angelic man's features and it looks wrong, someone like he should not frown. I can do nothing but stare at him and watch his expression grow ever more worrisome. I know the name Greenwood but from where I can't be sure, my mind does not feel like my own. In the distance I hear more footsteps and more voices, the healers have come.

"Your Majesty," one utters to the angelic man who nods his head and steps away from me. I want to protest, I want him to stay, if he doesn't stay the darkness will come again and I have decided I am quite happy not to die.

I feel myself be gently lifted and placed on something, more hands, more voices and soft singing...someone is singing? It is a beautiful sound and I get lost in the melodious notes until I drift into some kind of dream like haze, it is nice here, I could stay here and that is exactly what I decide to do.

xXx

Something ticklish wakes me, something pleasantly ticklish to my cheek and my eyes begin to open.

I have no clue how long I've been out but it feels like years. The first thing I notice is the absence of pain, there is most definitely no pain! This is about all I can fathom for several long minutes before my ears pick up a musical tone that sounds like a giggle, and again the sensation of something ticklish brushes my cheek. 

I turn my head slowly to the feeling and am met with a familiar set of sparkling eyes and silky blonde hair.

"Hello?" the beautiful little boy from before smiles broadly at me. I blink mechanically and he giggles again. I smile at the sound for it's a wonderful note.

"Hi?" I squeak back, my voice sounds off, well not off just softer not my usual roughness. The boy shyly ducks his head into my crisp clean blankets and then peeks up at me with an impish grin. "What is your name?" I manage to say inbetween an airy giggle - he is so painfully cute.

"Legolas," he replies and props himself up on his elbows staring right at me; "And you are Clara, I rescued you, do you know that?"

My mouth drops open and I think my brain just melts, or explodes, or decides to evaporate. He said Legolas, he is not Legolas, Legolas is a make believe character from a world that does not exist. Legolas is an elf, a warrior, for the love of the gods Legolas is Orlando Bloom! Legolas is not a five year old, incredibly cute boy, with fair hair and blue eyes and...OH MY GIDDY AUNT HE HAS POINTED EARS!

"Ears!" I gasp and the child looks at me like I am insane, in fact he looks like he is about to cry! Nice one, you just scared a baby half to death!

Legolas touches his ears, frowns, and indignantly asks, "What is wrong with my ears?"

"Nothing!" I answer shrilly and the boy takes another alarmed step away from me.

"They are no different from yours!" he accuses and points in the general vicinity of my ears.

I robotically lift my hand to my ears and let my fingers trace the shape of the ear, to my utter astonishment they are not rounded, they are pointed and-

"Argh!" I yelp and drop my hand, really freaking sensitive. I am not quite sure what to make of that pain?

"Do not do that!" Legolas shouts in alarm and gives me a scolding look, I drop my hands into my lap and nod once. "You will go blind," he confirms with a serious nod.

"Why will I go blind?" I ask in complete horror.

"I am not sure, that is what Ada tells me anyway," was his thoughtful reply.

I do not want to think too much over that response. Somewhere in my wonderful nerdy mind I remember a discussion about the sensitivity of elves' ears and well, ahem, what that sensitivity pertains too. Why am I thinking about this, why are my ears pointed, and why am I taking to an infant Legolas?