eight

I took a little extra time into putting together an outfit this morning, seeming how I'd be going to Jonathan's after school. I know that boys don't particularly care about how you dress, but it doesn't hurt.

When I go to school, I went straight to Marigold's locker, finding her there. She was talking to Grayson, go figure.

"Hey, Mari, can I talk to you for a second?" I looked at Grayson. "Alone." He put his hands up in defense and walked off.

"Look, I can't give you a ride today, after school." I told her.

"What why?" She questioned.

"I have somewhere important to go straight after school." I shrugged.

"But you know I can't walk home, I always wear heels on Thursdays because you always take me home." She wined, gesturing to the heels she wore.

"I'm sorry, you're gonna have to find another ride." I said, and walked off to my locker. Sometimes I think that's she's a bigger drama queen than I am.

When I got to my locker, I grabbed the book that I was supposed to take home and put it in my bag, just incase I were to forget it.

I shut my locker, and continued to my first hour, when someone stopped me

"Are you still pissed off at me, or what?" Grayson said. I rolled my eyes.

"What would make you think that?" I turned to him and fake smiled.

"Well, you haven't talked to me in awhile?" His face went into confusion.

"So, you think that I'm mad at you?" He nodded.

"Good, because I am." I said and walked into my first class of the day.

***

Mari and I were walking back from lunch, with the crowd of people in our grade. Mari was talking about something hat I didn't care about, so I was looking around.

I saw the back of Tristan's head, a few feet in front of us, and instantly started to look around for Jonathan's, knowing he was close. I saw his blonde hair and thought of a way to get to him.

"Look, Mari! Grayson is waving at you!" I faked, casing Mari to exclaim "Where!" and looked behind her. I pushed through the crowd of people, quickly, before Mari noticed I was gone.

When I reached Jonathan and his friends, I tugged on his arm, causing him to turn around and look at me.

"Hey, so are we still on for tonight?" I walked beside him.

"Yeah, if you're still taking us to my house." He told me.

"Yeah! Of course!" I said.

"Okay, well, this is my class so I'll talk to you after school." He pointed to the class beside us.

"Oh, okay." I said, disappointedly.

"Meet me in front of room A-268 after school, okay?" He raised his eyebrows.

"Okay." I smiled.

***

After the last bell of the day rung, I made my way to room A-268, as fast as I could.

"Hey, Jonathan!" I yelled to him, over all the students talking in the hallway, when I saw him walk out of the class, his bag in hand.

"Ready to go?" He asked. I nodded and led him out the main doors of the school, to my assigned parking spot in the front.

Jonathan and I got in my car, and just as I was going to start it, I saw Mari walking by. I didn't tell her that I was going to have Jonathan in the car.

"Jonathan, get down." I told him, sternly.

"Why-"

"Just do it!" He leaned down with a weird look on his face. I watched until Marigold walked by.

"Okay, you're good." He sat back up.

"What was that all about? Are you ashamed with me being in your car?" He asked.

"No! I always take Mari home on Thursdays, but I told her that I couldn't today but I didn't say that you were coming with me, so I didn't want her to see you and start a something." I explained.

"Oh." Was all he said, he sounded a little relieved.

"Okay, well, let's go." I said and started to back out.

___________________

sorry I haven't updated all day, I was reading a Kiefer Sutherland fanfic all day hahaha.