two

"Um, Excuse me." I said, as I tapped on the boy's dingy flannel. He turned and looked at me.

"Yes?"

"Yeah, Hi, my name is Hadly. You're Jonathan right?" I asked him.

"Yeah, I am." he said and turned back to his locker to retrieve his things.

"Well, you see, Jonathan, I'm having a party this weekend and I was wondering if you'd like to come." of course I wasn't having a party but he didn't know that.

"No, I'm good." he didn't even look at me when he said it. He shut his locker and walked away, leaving me standing there.

"Wait! What do you mean no?" I ran after him.

"What part of 'no' do you not understand?"

"Do you even know who I am?" I asked.

"Yeah, you're Hadley Daven, the most popular, spoiled girl in school." he said with no emotion.

"So, then why would you say no to my party?" I was surprised.

"I want absolutely nothing to do with the 'populars' or to even get associated with them. All they are is trouble-" he paused "- and we both know that there's no party this weekend." he said and walked away again.

How am I gonna get him to cooperate with me? I thought.

***

"Daddy! I need your help." I wined when I got home.

"With what?" he asked.

"I think this boy at school is attractive so I wanted to start getting to know him, but you see, I did my whole 'invite to a fake party' and he said no and that he knew there wasn't an actual party." I told him.

"Did you try to bribe him?" My Dad asked.

"Dad!"

"I'm only kidding, but it does seem like a bit of a dilemma." he told me.

"Exactly." I sighed.

"Don't worry, I'm sure he'll come around soon." he reassured me.

"No he won't! He's stubborn!" I exclaimed.

"And how do you know that?" he asked.

"He said that he 'doesn't want to associate with populars' and that he 'knew about my party being fake'"

"Well then I guess there's only one thing you can do." Dad said.

"What?"

"Throw a real party."

______________

Jonathan's got a little attitude

hahah