seven

"Hadley." Chan called to me after the last bell. I was at my locker, grabbing my book.

"Here's his number." He said, handing me a piece of paper with the number scribbled onto it in pen.

"Is that a six or an eight?" I pointed to one of the numbers.

"Six." He confirmed my thoughts.

"Thanks, I owe you one." I said and walked out the school to my car. I got in and just sat in the school parking lot for a few minutes.

I need a plan. I thought. Something believable.

I started my car after contemplating what to do, and drove home with a plan that'll hopefully work.

***

"Hadley, don't you want dinner?" My house maid knocked on my door. I pushed myself up and off of my bed, walking to the doors, opening both sides.

"What's for diner?"

"Chicken Alfredo, with cheesecake for dessert." She said, holding a laundry basket then walked away towards the laundry room.

Of course, Daddy's favorite. I thought. I walked back over to my bad and grabbed my house phone, setting it in my lap.

"You can do it, just dial the numbers." I told myself. I put the piece of paper in front of me and pushed in the numbers.

My hand was shaking while the phone ringing and I twisted the spiral cord with my finger, anxiously waiting for an answer, when I heard someone speak.

"Hello, Jonathan speaking."

"Hey, um Jonathan." I nervously said. I was so afraid he'd get mad and hang up on me for some reason.

"Who's this?" He asked.

"It's Hadley." I told him. He sighed.

"Yes?"

"Well, I heard that you were good in Science and I was wondering if you could maybe tutor me, so I can pass this huge test in a couple weeks."

It was a lame excuse to call him but it'll do.

"I don't know, I'm kinda busy-"

"-It doesn't have to be everyday, just maybe twice a week or something." I interrupted. "Please?"

It was silent for a few moments.

"You know what? Come over tomorrow after school and we'll start then." He gave in. I smiled really big.

"Great! So-"

"-I'm not done." He interrupted me, this time.

"Okay, go on." I said.

"I want something in return."

"Like what?"

"I want you to tell your Dad to go talk to the principle and tell him to put in a good word for my friend, Clark, for the college of his choice."

Awe, that's sweet. I thought.

"Deal." I agreed. "I'll drive you to your house after school tomorrow."

"Just remember to bring your books." Jonathan said then hung up.

Part one was a success, now on to part two.

______________________

Sorry about the short chapter,

But Corey Feldman retweeted like 3 of my tweets and I'm screaming.