The Monster a.k.a. my husband

I sat on the patio watching Rhia play in the yard. It reminded me of when I was a kid and I would spend every waking hour outside. My mother would always have to wash my hair because I was constantly getting dirty.

I heard the sceen door open and I turned to see Jionni standing there. He looked at me in disgust. I don't know what I did wrong.

I held my son closer to my chest not wanting anything to happen to him. I will protect my son and daughter with my life.

I felt Jionni get closer to me. He hovered over me. He had his hands in his pockets.

"Let me see him." He held his hands out reaching for the baby.

I clutched the baby closer. Not wanting him to take him away from me.

"Did you not hear me!" He growled in my ear.

"I just want to hold my baby." I say trying to keep it together.

That only makes him angrier and he forces my hands off of the baby.

He lifts the baby from my arms. I just sit there with a blank expression on my face.

"If I have to tell you again. I will take the children away from you."
I nod and go back to watching Rhia play. She looks so happy. I wish I could have that.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

We are sitting in Rhia's room having a tea party.

I want to get up and check on the baby. I want to see if he is alright. He hasn't cried in a long time. I hope Jionni didn't hurt him. What the hell am I thinking. He would never hurt his son. He is his heir.

"Mom!"

I snap back to reality. Rhia is looking up at me holding up a tea pot.

"Oh. I would love some more tea. Miss Rhia." I say holding out my cup.

She giggles and pours the imaginary liquid in my cup.

"One lump or two?" She says holding up a plastic cube.

"Oh. Just one dear. I have to watch my figure." I say with a smile.

She laughs and plops a cube in my cup. I smile and take a sip of the imaginary liquid.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

I put Rhia down for bed and I am making my way towards the baby's room.

I push open the door quietly to not wake him. To my surprise he is sound asleep. I hear his little groans in his sleep. Awww he is so precious.

I leave the room and shut the door gently. I am scared and nervous to walk into my bedroom.

I don't want to see Jionni look at me with hate in his eyes.

I walk over to the door and push it open. Jionni is sitting on the bed reading a book.

I walk in slowly trying to avoid eye contact. He doesn't even look up. He just continues his reading.
I lay next to him. I can feel him looking at me but I ignore it. I turn on my side so I don't face him.

I feel the bed move and I look up to see Jionni looking at me. I gulp and turn my head away fast.

"You okay?" He breaths on me.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath.

"Yeah. I'm fine."

"Okay. Well tomorrow I am leaving." I feel him move away from me.

"Where?"

"To Spain."

"For how long?" I say with my back still facing him.

"For 5 weeks."

I nod and close my eyes. I just want to sleep so I don't have to see or talk to him anymore.

"You're not going to miss me."

"Yes. And so will the kids." I say with my eyes still closed shut.

I felt him get closer to me. I felt his breath on my neck.

"While I'm gone, I want you on your best behavior." I nod once more keeping my eyes shut.

"Well goodnight." He says turning off the lamp and wrapping his arm around my waist.

At least he will be gone for 5 weeks. I can finally have a break from that monster and feel alive again....