Cougars, Mountain Lions, and Hanging Out Oh My!

Maya's POV

Walking into school, I wandered around looking for any of my friends. Catching sight of Allison by her locker, I hurried over to her desperate for some girl time after having to listen to my brother talk about lacrosse for the entire car ride to the middle school.

"Please say something extremely girly and not related to sports to me right now" I said to basically my only female friend, leaning against the locker next to hers.

Allison laughed, rolling her eyes at my antics. She closed her locker, then grabbed onto my arm, dragging me down the hall after her.

"So, have you seen Scott at all this morning?" Allison asked me, trying to be nonchalant about the floppy haired boy- but clearly failing.

I snorted at my two friends' infatuation with each other, like two magnets drawn together. "Sorry Ally, I've only seen you so far. But Scott is pretty much like a puppy concerning you, never straying too far"

Apparently I must be psychic or something, because no sooner had that left my mouth, Scott was barreling into Allison. Both of them hurried to grab her stuff off the ground, while I was too busy admiring their adorkableness. Those two were perfect for each other.

"Attention students, this is your principal. I know you are all wondering about the incident that occurred last night to one of our buses. But while the police work to determine what happen classes will proceed as scheduled. Thank you"

The only sound I could hear after that announcement was the collective groans of my classmates. Tuning back into the Scallison cuteness, I watched Ally leave after finishing her talk with Scott, sending me a wave as she left.

"So Scotty, I hope you're saving both of us a seat at lunch, and not just the future Mrs. McCall" I joked, walking next to him.

He glared at me, but it quickly went away when suddenly caught sight of something down the hall. Following his line of sight, I noticed Jackson holding a very battered locker door.

Jackson quickly saw us staring, "What are you looking at asswipe? Don't you and Williams have something better to do?"

Hearing Scott laugh quietly, I stared at him questioningly, there's no way Scott was capable of something like that......was there?
.......................................
Walking into lunch later than normal, I barely recognized my normal lunch table. It was no longer just Scott and Stiles, now Lydia Martin and her entire cliche were seated around the table. Making my way over too them, I moved Stiles' bag out of my spot, sitting down across from Allison.

"Not that I don't love your sudden popularity, but why are they sitting here?" I whispered to Stiles, snagging a curly fry.

"I have no idea, but it's not normal"

I sat back, glancing around the table awkwardly. Danny thankfully broke the silence, "I heard it was a mountain lion." Not typical lunch conversation, but I would take what I could get.

"I heard it was a cougar" Jackson said. He's lucky he's good looking I thought to myself they're the same thing

"A cougar is a mountain lion," said Lydia "isn't it?" She may be the smartest person in this school, yet she's insanely stupid if she thinks playing dumb is cute.

Not wanting to lose anymore IQ points listening to the debate on animal species, I tuned the conversation out and focused my attention on my salad. I didn't even register the change in conversation until I heard Scott stressing the word hanging out. Stiles and I watched the conversation go back and forth between the two couples, listen as Scott's date dissolved into a hang out.