Epilogue

Pink petals rained from the sky.
It smelled like flowers and fresh cut grass.
People sat with their families and talked.
I held his hand, tight and well.
It wasn't the same, after what happened. It never was the same.
I missed everything, the inner peace I had, the outlook on life I used to live by.
Him.
I looked down at my white dress, touching the lace with my free hand.
My brown hair falling in loose waves on my shoulders.
I felt myself choke up when I looked at my necklace, a pair of wings. The symbol of my love. We had given up so much for each other.
We pulled into a familiar driveway. I hadn't been here in 3 years.
Slowly I got up, he walked over to my side and opened the door, helping me out.
I looked up at the man I loved. His blond hair, kind brown eyes. His scar on the left side of his face.
"Soon I'll have to carry you everywhere.." His hand sliding to my inflated stomach. It held a healthy baby girl inside.
"It doesn't matter my Angel.. She'll only care that I'm here.."
My feet crunched on the little pebbles that were on the driveway. The summer air warming my tan skin. I climbed the steps of the house. Taking in my childhood.
Loosing my first tooth on the front porch when my friend yanked it out.
Having my first kiss.. Well cheek kiss.. On the third step.
Helping my mother carry in our food every Saturday morning. When did I grow up?
I felt my finger brush the doorbell. I sucked in a breath as I pressed it.
My heart raced as I heard footsteps.
This was what I had been to scared for years to do.
My mother opened the door, her hazel eyes blinking at the harsh light that suddenly flittered inside.
I looked at her, feeling Riker snake an arm around me.
"Mom.. I'm Home"

The End