Chapter 10: Beside You

Chapter 10
(I can't believe we're in the double digits! AHHHH!)
Riker's POV

----------------------
I sat in pure darkness. I hadn't seen light since Danielle had vanished hours after sex. All I had was the memories of her fingers gripping my skin, her voice moaning my name, the feeling of having her skin pressed to mine. It was amazing.

And I was now tortured to sit here in darkness and think of it over and over again.

I laid on my back, the gash on my side aching. Okay, maybe sex wasn't the best thing for it. Constantly thrusting my hips and rolling around had re-opened the wound- but who cares? I got to make love with Danielle. The women I loved with every fiber of my god made body.

Right when I was about to give up on the memory of Danielle, light filled my vision as I winced. I hated every second I wasn't with D-

"Dani?!" I choked out.

I suddenly saw who had created the light. As my eyes focused even more, I caught a glimpse of someone else- Piper. They were both in tight black jeans and black t-shirts. Dani looks so beautiful... of course. She always does.

I shakily stood up, hadn't moved for days because I did was sit and mope, thinking about Danielle and how much I missed her. And now she was here...

I shot over to the two girls and hugged Danielle hard. She squealed and jumped into my embrace. I pulled my head away and kissed her passionately. I felt Dani melt into the kiss as she placed her hands on my cheeks.

"I love you, Danielle..." I murmured. "More than anything in the world. I gave up everything for you."

Danielle pulled away from my face, looking into my eyes. "You're the love of my life, Rik... I could never be without you. I gave up my life to save you and would do so much more!" Tears welled in her eyes and I smiled. She was so beautiful, even when she cried.

From behind us, Piper cleared her throat. We pulled away from each other and glanced at her.

"Look, I hate to break up this beautiful reunion, but we need to get out of here!" She looked at the both of us pointedly with hard eyes.

I heard Dani sigh, stepping away. I pouted my lip. "Can I get another kiss?"

Dani rolled her eyes and kissed me softly. Mmm... I asked for another and then another. I think I'm addicted to her..

Piper cleared her throat again after the fifth one. We hastily pulled away, me grinning like an idiot. Whoops.

She raised an eyebrow at me. "I hope you didn't jack off at the thought of my best friend."

I felt my face heat up instantly. "N-No!" I stuttered. "I'm an angel! Not a teenager! I'm actually 23 thousand years old. Which is 23 in human years. Every thousand years for an angel is one year for a human," I rambled.

Piper smirked at Danielle. "Older man, huh? Nice!" She winked. Now it was her turn to blush.

"I thought we were supposed to be getting the hell out!" I snapped, trying to steer the conversation away from... that. I walked to the door and opened it. 

Oh, why was my life the worst thing ever created?

----------------
Dani's POV
----------------
Gosh Piper could be such a- well, I wasn't allowed to say that word yet. But you know what I mean.
Yes, Riker was extremely good looking... perfect.. sweet... and older. But that doesn't mean that she could make fun of me! He was- well, used to be- my guardian angel. So he had to be around me! It's not like I met him and said, "Hey let's have sex because you're the hottest thing I've ever seen in my entire life span"?

Life didn't work like that except for in movies and books!

I was snapped out of my rant to myself by the sound of a deep laugh. I blinked at the sudden light. When it cleared, Leonardo St. Valentine was standing in the doorway.
Oh, why was my life the worst thing ever created?

I heard Riker yell as he was knocked to the floor. I don't know what came over me. Maybe the hatred of him normally for just being a nasty man. Maybe from him slapping me. Maybe the fact that he wanted Riker dead. But I attacked him. Well, I tried to. Piper grabbed me and yanked me backwards.

I saw Leo pull out a whip and slash Riker straight across the face. I screamed in agony, but it was drowned out by Riker's. Tears streamed down his face as Leo did it many more times, blood splattering all over the floor.

I sobbed into Piper. She held me close, her eyes shut tightly. I shook wildly as I heard Riker wail in agony.

Finally I heard Leonardo snarl. "I'm finished, you slimy piece of trash." His footsteps sounded on the cold floor, the metal door shutting.

I instantly whipped around and gasped in horror. Everything was covered in blood. Riker's clothes had rips in them. Blood pooling from all of them.

I screamed out in horror and ran over. I pulled him close. He was barely moving, accting more like a rag doll then anything. I wiped the blood off of his face. He had one long cut that ran from his jaw, up his eye and to the top of his forehead. His hair stuck to his face in bloody clumps, covering the swollen and red eye.

I could barely breathe. "Baby? Are you okay? As in okay enough to live?" I pleaded, shaking him lightly. He just flopped around. Blood drooling from his mouth. My heart was in my throat as I let out a sob. Piper was already tearing off her sleeves and pant legs to stop the bleeding. But I felt like it was too late. I remember Riker explaining how even angels could die.

Fading from existence forever.

At that time I didn't think much of it. We had been cuddling in bed. My face in his bare chest, his arm wrapped around me. I had felt safe.. And everything had been okay. Now my entire life had been ruined by one man.

And he would pay.

------------------------------

Dun Dun Dun! So guys I have some bad news.. I got my phone taken away and i'm using my desktop. So updates will be slower because I'm not even allowed to be on my desktop! Let's just say I got into huge trouble cause my mom doesn't understand me.. Sigh..

I'm so sorry..

Until Next Time

Writer: Mia

Editor: Chika