Chapter 16: The Fall

Chapter 16
Dani's POV
----------------------
Wind whistled in my ear as I fell into the void. "Riker?!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. But I could barely even hear myself. Much less Riker.

I started swinging my limbs around until I hit something. Riker! I grabbed him, he pulled me close and dug his face into my neck. I held onto him, my mind spinning.

When we reached Hell. Where would we land?

I realized that these were our last moments together. I cuddled into him, my hair whipping everywhere. My head ached from having the air pressure change.

I felt Riker kiss my neck softly. Just one. I smiled as tears flew into the air. How could I let this happen? How could I let him suffer this fate?

I felt a sharp pain rip through my back, I opened my eyes to see my angel feathers streaming into the air.

I gasped in horror as in seconds, they turned into complete mist, mixing with Riker's. His eyes showed fear, he instantly knew what was happening. We were becoming mortal.

I clung to Riker as I started to think of what would happen when we reached the bottom. What would catch us? No Angel came out of Hell! They were sent there for a reason! I quickly realized that we had a small chance of making it.

Riker's blond hair whipped in my face as he pulled back to look at me. His soft brown eyes red from crying. I had never seen him cry like this. Gears were turning in his head and it made me scared beyond belief.

He was making a plan. One that would involve only me walking away..

I mouthed "No.. Please no" pleading for him to not. I held his face, his arms wrapped around my body so I wouldn't fly away. He was most of the weight.

Live Together.. Die Alone..

I felt myself choke up. No. We weren't going to. If we had to we weren't going to sacrifice Riker. But protecting me was his job..

I felt my throat close up even more when I thought of my mom. All alone in the world. Nobody to tell her that they loved her. That she was a great mom. Always trying to make sure I was happy. Trying to set me up with someone even if she was alone.

I wanted to tell her. But I couldn't. I couldn't ever go back to her. She knew I was dead and had seen my body. I had watched the scene, it replaying in my mind. Her horrified looked, her tears, her heart breaking at the sight of her dead baby.

I didn't realize it, but I was sobbing into Riker. Unable to see anything. He just held me close. The wind was unbearable. I wondered how Riker must have felt. He couldn't see anything on our left. If something attacked us on the left. We were screwed. I just wanted to hold him and tell him he was perfect. But all we needed right now was to live.

I felt Riker's grip tighten as the air turned thick. A red haze filled my vision as I realized we had hit hell.

-------------------
Riker's POV
-------------------

I felt myself choke instantly. The toxic waste in the air burning at my skin. I shut my eyes to prevent them from watering even more then they already were. I opened them for a quick second to see welts covering my skin, burn mark sand acid bubbles forming.

I looked at Danielle, she looked worse. She was born a human, her body adjusting to being mortal much faster. I still thought she was the most stunning thing I had ever seen in my life.

I felt the ground getting closer, it was one of those feelings you just knew. Memories of being with Danielle flashed through my mind. From that day we first met..

Her glaring at me.. I had felt my heart fluttered in excitement. I don't know why because she looked like she could strangle me.

To when her mother asked if I was kinky in bed, little did she know I was. But Danielle and I had yet to explore that. If we ever made it out of hell of course!

To when we first kissed, to when we cuddled.. When she looked up at me with pure love in her eyes. I felt myself gasp as she started to rip off my shirt, the moment it came off it went to fly away. Danielle grabbed it, trying to use it as a parachute. She opened her mouth and breathed it, repeating the action until I understood. Hold my breath.

Her eyes widened and I gasped. My back hit something so thick it almost shattered everything, I wanted to scream so badly but I needed to hold my breath. We had landed in a river!

Danielle clung to me as we sunk. We wouldn't die from the fall. We would drown! We would both die! No! No! This wasn't supposed to happen!

I felt my body growing lighter, reality starting to fade. Choking back a sob, I hugged Danielle. But her body was starting to drift away. Her touch limp.

I started flailing my limbs, they moved like molasses. A cold hand grabbed my wrist, my body filling up with life. Oxygen being created in my lungs. I blinked the black sludge from my eyes. "DANIELLE!" I shouted. Looking around for her, I saw little fingers through the murky water, snatching them and dragging the body towards me. Instantly Danielle gasped for air in the little air bubble that was being created around us. Wait what?

I turned around to see a spirit gripping my arm. She had long flowing white hair, round whit eyes and skin the shimmered like crystals. I smiled at our saviour.

But before I could open my mouth she spoke, her voice a soft whisper "Riker Anthony Lynch and Danielle Alexis Lawrence! Business is scarce for angelic kind in the deepest pits of Hell. But thy are willing to offer thou services to those in peril."

I felt my chest tighten, Danielle let out a sob of relief. We were both shaking and covered in wells and acid marks. I croaked "We want to be free from Hell.." My voice almost a whisper.

The spirit smiled "And will thy offer a sacrifice for the ability to be free from this prison?"

Danielle went to step forward. But the spirit stopped her "Thy was speaking to Mr.Lynch" I felt her white eyes fall on me. I gulped, I was going to get out and be an Angel again. Watch over Danie-

"You will be mortal. You will die whenever The God Of Death thinks is appropriate."

No more being an Angel? Dying? Getting hurt.. Growing old.?

I looked to my left and saw Danielle. Looking so scared and helpless. I couldn't do this to her, she needed this as much as I did.. But I couldn't give up everything.

The moment I gave my answer, I heard Danielle sob.

-------------------------
Well. Sorry for the long wait. But I wanted you guys to sit with that last ending. One last chapter and it will be posted tonight cause I leave for 3 weeks in 3 days!

I love you guys. I never thought I would hit 1K! <3

-Mia
------------------------