Prologue

Scarlett Dove sat in her compartment, alone, looking out of the window as the scarlet steam engine began to move. Four familiar boys ran past her compartment, until they came to a halt, and walked backwards to peek in the compartment window. The door burst open and the four of them plopped down, two next to her, and two in front of her. Scarlett was squashed in the middle, but she still had a smile on her face.

"James, Sirius, Remus, Peter," she nodded.

"Scarlett," the four boys said in sync.

"Whose the lucky guy this week?" Sirius asked Scarlett.

"Ryder King,"

Sirius made his disgust obvious.
"Ryder King?"

Scarlett laughed and smiled.

"Whose the lucky girl?"

"Kayla Brown,"

It was Scarlett, this time, who made her disgust clear.

"Really, Black? Kayla Brown?"

"Really, Dove? Ryder King?" He mocked.

Scarlett laughed softly, smiling at her best friend. She stood up and walked to the Compartment door, leaning on it for a minute.
"I'm gonna go find Ryder,"

"I'm gonna go find Kayla,"

The two players left to go find their dates. Scarlett found Ryder surrounded by his friends in a compartment near the end of the train. She waltzed in, and, seeing there were no spare seats, sat down on her boyfriend's lap. Ryder smirked at her and she smirked back, listening to him talk to his friends. She would make the occasional comment, but kept silent otherwise.

"So, Scarlett, how was your summer?"

She looked at Ryder and shrugged.
"Good. Met a few people,"

Ryder nodded at her and turned back to his friends, leaving Scarlett to her thoughts. She examined her fingernails, suddenly bored.

"I'm gonna go see what the guys are doing,"

Ryder shrugged, not even really paying attention as Scarlett got off his lap and left the compartment to go find either Sirius, or the other three. She found Sirius first, sitting in a compartment with Kayla Brown.

Kayla Brown was a snobby, stuck-up girl who thought she was better than everyone else. She had bleach blonde hair and dark, mossy green eyes with a small figure.

Scarlett, unlike most people would be, didn't feel disgusted at the sight in front of her, as she had done it many times before. Kayla was on Sirius' lap, Sirius' hands around her waist, and they were full-on snogging. Scarlett leaned on the door frame with a smirk, waiting patiently for them to be done.

It was around two minutes before that happened, and only because they needed air. They turned to look at Scarlett with wide-eyes.

"Why, hello, I hope you weren't putting on a show for me," she grinned.

Sirius rolled his eyes.

"Scarlett, get out of here,"

Scarlett laughed.

"What? It's not like I care I just caught you two snogging. S'not like Black is gonna keep you much longer,"

Kayla narrowed her eyes at her.

"It's different, Dove. I told him Always," she smirked.

"Oh?" Scarlett said, raising an eyebrow.

Kayla nodded.

"And, did he, perhaps, say it back?"

Kayla frowned.

"No,"

Scarlett rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Next time, Sirius, try not to date a complete idiot," said Scarlett, as she put her hand up to her forehead, shaking her head.

"I don't need you to tell me what to do," Sirius said, but still had a smile on his face.

She laughed.
"I was giving you advice," She smirked, as Ryder came in and grabbed her hand, dragging her off.

Sirius watched after her and shook his head in anger, before turning to Kayla, who looked at him with raised eyebrows.

"You love her?"

Sirius looked at Kayla in surprise.

"No I don't!"

Kayla smirked at him.

"You do. I can see it in your eyes when you see her with that boy,"

Sirius shook his head.

Kayla shrugged, but still had a small smile.

They got back to what they were doing before Scarlett had entered the compartment. Scarlett and Ryder were doing the same thing, before Sirius decided to get her back. He smiled at Kayla and stood up, striding to the compartment he had seen them enter a few minutes ago.

There they were, snogging, just like Sirius and Kayla had been doing. Sirius smirked as they jumped away upon seeing him.

"Oh. Just Sirius," Scarlett grinned.

And, as if Sirius wasn't there, they started snogging again.

Sirius fake gagged, before Scarlett turned to him with a smile.

"Oi, go find Kayla, loverboy," She laughed.

He rolled his eyes and stalked off, grinning.

Scarlett was the most annoying girl on the planet, he decided. But she was still his best friend.

Scarlett and Ryder pulled away, grinning at each other.

"I'm gonna go find the guys, Ryder. Talk to you later?"

Ryder smirked at her and nodded, leaving the compartment. Scarlett stood up and fixed her hair, straightened her clothes, and then left to go find the Marauders.

She found them whispering in a compartment with each other. Scarlett opened the door and beamed, holding her arms out.

"I didn't get a hug earlier," she said, still smiling.

The four boys roll their eyes, but smile at Scarlett and stand up. They tackled her in a hug, knocking her to the floor as she laughed, hugging them back.

"Oi, this is gonna be the best year, alright? It's our fifth year, what could go wrong?"

The boys looked at Scarlett with wide-eyes.

"You just jinxed it,"

Scarlett rolled her eyes and stood up, dusting herself off.

Scarlett grinned and sat down, Sirius and James on either side of her. She smiled to herself as she looked past Sirius and out the window.

She was positive this was going to be a great year.