A Cold Winter Day

It was ten after noon on January 17th. It was snowing lightly outside. It was non-stop snowing anymore. It was cold out and there was about a foot of snow. Alec, Magnus and Addie were at the institute with Jace, Clary, Alexander, Annabelle, Simon, Izzy, and Justin.

(A/N Alexander and Annabelle are five almost six, Addie is four and a shadowhunter and Justin just turned five.)

"What should we do?" Simon asked.

They were all sitting in the library. They had been sitting and talking for about an hour and had still come up with nothing to do. The children were sitting in a corner talking.

"Snowball fight!!" They all yelled at the same time.

"Okay." Clary said.

"What is a snowball fight?" Magnus asked.

"You make a ball out of snow and throw it at people." Jace said.

"Not in this outfit." Magnus said. He was wearing a light blue long sleeved shirt covered in sparkles that said, stay calm and love sparkles. Rainbow sweatpants. (Alec had zjown him what sweatpants were and he had been addicted ever since.) And a dark purple scarf with glitters. His hair was spiked up and covered in sparkles.

"Oh come on." Alec said as he grabbed Magnus' hand and made a pouting face.

"Well I can't say no to that." Magnus said as he stood up and blue sparks surrounded his hand. Suddenly he was wearing a winter coat. It was the color of Alec's eyes and was covered in rainbow glitter. It said, glitter = everything, in sequins. He had thick red pants on. He wore a rainbow knitted scarf and a matching hat and gloves.

He snapped his fingers again and Alec was dressed in the same thing.

"No way." Alec said as he glared at Magnus.

"Fine." Magnus said and snapped his fingers again.

Alec was now wearing a dark blue coat that brought out the light in his eyes. He had on black pants and red gloves. He had a purple scarf and a green hat.

"Fine." Alec said as he looked at himself.

Magnus mentally cheered that he had gotten Alec to wear actual color other than black or grey.

"Come on. You two need to get dressed." Clary said as she rounded up Alex and Anna and took them to their rooms. Jace followed them.

"You need to get dressed to." Simon said as he picked up Justin and raced him out of the room. Izzy sighed and followed.

"What do you want to wear?" Magnus asked Addie.

"Green!" She yelled her favorite color.

"Okay." Magnus said. He snapped his fingers and his daughter was wearing a mint green coat with forest green snowpants, a lime green hat and gloves and every color green scarf.

"Yay!" She said as she lifted up her arms. Alec picked her up and carried her to the door. Magnus followed.

Clary and Jace came with Alexander and Annabelle. Clary had on a orange coat, green hat and gloves and gold scarf. Jace was wearing a black coat, hat, gloves and pants with a white scarf. Alexander had on a black coat with a gold and blue pattern and matching pants. He had a white hat, scarf and gloves. Annabelle had on a white coat with the same gold and blue pattern and matching pants. She had a black hat, scarf and gloves. They looked adorable.

"Nice match." Magnus said after he had examined the kids clothes.

"You two look very cute." Alec said as he bended down next to the kids.

"Thank you Uncle Alec." Annabelle said as she hugged him.

"Your welcome Anna." Alec responded. Alex ran over and hugged Alec and his sister.

Alec stood up and walked back over. Addie ran over to the twins and they started talking about whatever was on their minds.

Simon, Izzy and Justin walked in. Simon wore a plain brown foat with matching everything. Izzy wore a flashing red cpat and pants with a designer green hat and purple gloves and scarf. She had almost as good fashion sense as Magnus did. Justin wore a black coat and pants with blue hat, gloves and scarf.

"I believe we are ready." Magnus said. He opened the door and walked outside. The children ran past him and started jumping in the snow. Something cold and hard hit Magnus in the back. He turned around to see Alec smiling. He picked up a pile of snow and threw it. Alec dodged it but Magnus sent it after him.

"Hey! No magic!" Alec yelled as he picked up another pile of snow and through it at Jace. Soon snow was shooting through the air. Everyone made their own forts to hide behind. As far as Magnus knew everyone was sitting behind them. Suddenly a lime of snow landed on top of Magnus. He jumped up to fine Addie and Alec standing on the other side of his fort gigling. Magnus picked up Addie and threw her into the air. He casted a spell so she floated down safely into Alec's arms.

He set her down and she ran off to play with the other kids. Magnus watched Anna run around with her wild red hair flowing around her head. Her gold eyes sparkled with mischief. She reminded him of both of her parents.

Addie technically wasn't a person. Magnus had used a spell to make her. She had blue cat eyes and wild black hair that surrounded her pale face. He didn't know what would happen, since he had never done this before. It was a very weird spell. Addie had shown no sign of powers yet, though warlocks don't usually until they are teenagers.

Magnus and Alec sat in the snow and watched the children run around until they got to tired.

Everyone was finally rounded up and taken inside. The children laid on the floor in front of the fire sleeping and Jace, Clary, Simon, Izzy, Magnus, and Alec were sitting on the couches drinking hot chocolate. Soon everyone else had drifted to sleep and Magnus and Alec were the only ones awake.

"I love you." Magnus said to Alec.

"I love you to." Alec said as he laid his head on Magnus' shoulder and drifted to sleep. Finally Magnus fell asleep himself.

A/N
Thanks for reading! It means a ton that you took the time. Hope you enjoyed the story. Please comment and vote. Thanks!
QOTD: Did you think the story was cute?
QOTD: I did!!!!!