Five

"No!"
"What do you mean no, Regina?"
"I mean no. That's it. No is no. I literally just met him a day ago. Do you really think I am going to marry him?"
"Yes. I do, actually."
"Well think again, mother, because I am not marrying him." Regina spit out with venom in her voice.
"Too soon?" Cora asked and Regina's eyes shot wide open. She was furious with her mother.
"Too soon? Too soon is a massive understatement mother!" She shouted. She turned and took a few breathes.
"Well it's already too late for that." Cora said naturally as if it was normal.
"What do you mean its too late for that?" Regina said angrily through gritted teeth. Suddenly there was a knock at the door and the gaurds had open them revealing Nottingham standing with a rose in his right hand and the other in his pant pocket. Regina forced out a small smile while her mother was beaming brighter than the sun. Regina was frozen, stuck in place as if her feet were glued to the shiny palace floor. Nottingham was smiling as he walked over slowly. He handed Regina the rose and kissed her on the cheek.
"Hello Regina," he said softly.
"Hello Nottingham," she replied back even softer. It was almost a whisper.
"Not that I am not happy to see you, but what exactly are you doing here?" She asked curiously.
"Regina, I know we just met yesterday, but our day together was so amazing and I want to be with you. I want every day together to be like it was yesterday. I want to be with you every day. I want you to be mine and mine only. I think I am falling in love with you. Regina Mills, will you marry me?" He said dropping to one knee and pulling the small velvet box from his pocket revealing a shiny, bright diamond ring. She stared widely ar the gorgeous diamond.
"Regina answer the man." Cora said still beaming. It was a long moment before Regina finally replied.
"No." She deadpanned.
"No?" He asked sadly.
"No. I'm sorry. Like you mentioned we just met yesterday. I do like you, but it is way too soon to get married. I still do want to see you though." She explained. He stood slowly and hugged her. She hugged him back and smiled lightly against his chest.
"It's okay. I understand completely. I have some business to attend to, but I would love to take you out sometime very soon if thats okay," he said with a very small smile. She kissed his cheek and nodded.
"That would be nice," she replied. He nodded back at Regina and turned to Cora. He grabbed her hand and kissed it softly. He then turned and walked slowly out of the room. As soon as the doors shut Regina felt a sharp pain against her cheek. She turned wide-eyed to her mother with her hand over where she had just been stricken.
"What the hell mother?" She yelled.
"I go through all the trouble of finding your true love for you and when he asks for your hand in marriage you say no? How dare you?" Cora said angrily.
"How dare I? How dare you? I did not ask for this. It's not my fault you killed Daniel. You did this to yourself. Do NOT blame me for your actions." Regina shouted and stormed out. She began walking down the path into the village. Guards tried to follow her, but she threatend to chop off a necessary body part of theirs if they did. She was angry and she needed a drink so she decided to head to the local tavern.
_______________________
HEYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! So thank you to Queen_Outlaw C_OUAT and RegalMills for contributing your ideas for the story line! I have decided to kind of combine your ideas. Thank you so much and I hope you enjoyed this chapter and all the ones to come. Vote! Comment! Share! Tell your friends! Thanks so much for reading guys/girls. You all are keeping me so happy and motivated to keep writing. I love you all.
-Becca💋