One

Regina combed through her hair softly with her big, round brush. She made sure each strand was perfectly placed. She was about to meet her 'true love'. She felt a weird rush of excitement flow through her body. She wasn't use to this feeling. It had only happend to her a few times in her life and that meant it was a special feeling to her. She felt something else, but this was mostly in her head. Nervous. Not the 'I'm going to meet my true love' type of nervous. It was more like the 'what the hell is my mother up to' kind of nervous. She was so confused as to why her mother would try and help her find love. Cora wasn't the love type of person. In fact, she has only ever spoken badly of love. 'Love is weakness' , she would always say to Regina, but Regina didn't care. If loving someone meant being weak than she would rather be that than be known as a cold-hearted monster. Regina placed her brush down and stood quickly. She shuffled over to the full-length mirror across the room and smiled at her reflection.
"You look beautiful Regina." Henry said to his daughter.
"Thank you daddy." She replied with a soft smile. He took a few steps closer to her.
"You look so much like your mother. So beautiful. There is one thing though, that only you have." He spoke.
"And what's that?" She asked curious and a bit confused.
"The glimmer in your eyes. Even when you hold a beating heart in your hand, that glimmer is so bright. Sometimes I feel as if I am staring into the night sky. That glimmer gives me hope. Hope that one day you will be a well respected queen with a handsome and respectul man to lead the kingdom with you. To have children with and to grow old with and to be happy with." His gaze changed constantly between Regina and the shinney waxed floor. He had a gentle smile amongst his lips. They had never had a momment like this. All their momments were filled with anger. Thats always how Regina felt. She was angry. She has been since the day that Cora killed Daniel. Regina felt her life was over after Daniel died. She thought she could never be happy again. She never let the anger go and because of her mother, she has murdered so many innocent people. Regina turned to her father, her eyes starting to tear up.
"I hope for the same too, daddy. And if I do not find a man suitable to help run the kingdom with me then I will do it with you. Until the day you die, you will always be-" she was cut off by the sound of heavy foot steps. They turned their heads to see Cora strolling towards them. She had that sarcastic smile that she always has. "No, he won't Regina," Cora began. "Because your true love will be arriving any minute now." She finished once she had gotten close enough to them. Regina rolled her eyes at her mother. Leave it to Cora to ruin such a sentimental momment.
_______________________
New story guys!!! So excited to have started this. Hopefully this turns out the way I want it. It kind of runs off of 4X20 (I believe it was that episode) when they showed the flashback of Cora trying to 'help' Regina find love again. Hope you enjoy this fanfic! Like! Share! Vote!
-Becca🙈