Chapter 2

A/N Posting the second chapter a day early, and maybe (just maybe) you might get another chapter just a few days after this because I'm feeling like I should be nice since you take the time reading my fanfiction :) Anyways, I love you guys so much, seriously it means the world to me when you read this and I hope you'll like this new chapter.

\  DEREK'S POV  /

Two days ago I was supposed to meet with Scott, but I canceled. Tonight I'm supposed to meet with Scott in ten minutes. I know an Alpha should always look after his pack but right now I don't feel like it. Right now there's another urge I have to satisfy, even though I have no clue what kind of urge it is and how I'm supposed to "satisfy" it. All I know is that ever since Scott, my beta, introduced me to his best friend Stiles Stilinski I've been getting these chest pressures every now and then. I know it means something, I just don't remember what. I choose to cancel my meeting, again, with Scott so I text him real quick.

-

I'm looking myself in the quite dusty mirror hanging on the bathroom wall. I brush some of it off with my hand and see my face, pale, which makes my stubble appear even darker than it already is. I was going to say it looks sexy, but I don't know. Probably let someone else decide, I'd ask my mate if I had one ... But who would want me? I'm always so negative, although I have my reasons, and on guard but I really don't want to end up like the loner-Alphas without a mate.

I decide to push those thoughts away and go for a run.

Not really sure where I'm running, just letting my instinct lead me. After about half an hour I'm close to Stiles house and I stop because I'm getting this pressure in my chest again. I look at my phone, 1 AM. I keep running and the closer I get to Stiles house the better I can feel the pressure.
What the hell is this? Are my powers getting weakened or did I forget to eat again so my glucose is running low? Suddenly the pressure starts to fade and I take a quick look behind to see that I've passed Stiles house.

Does Stiles have anything to do with this? Or is this a wakeup-call, he might be hurt or in trouble? Not that I see why it would concern me if Stiles got in trouble, Scott can protect him just fine. Then again, why shouldn't I when I can? I mean even though Stiles probably detest me for all the times I've acted like a douche and yelled at him, though I regret it, why would I not protect him? I can't just stand there staring if Stiles was dying. So yes, even though it's kind of in my nature by now that I'm moody and all I regret it, Stiles hasn't done anything. Plus I don't want to hurt him or put him in danger.

I try to clear my head. Not really working but I keep on running, around the block but towards home this time though.

-

When I get home ... Actually I don't know if I want to call this home ... Even though I grew up here, it's the same house that was set on fire and killed everyone in my family except Peter and Cora. Thinking of the fire brings back so many memories and I'm on the verge of tears, pain!

That's why I bought a loft in the other side of Beacon Hills, so I don't have to face the pain everytime. Although that might be running away from your problems but right now, I couldn't care less.
The loft is not far away from Sti... Wait, WHAT!? Why am I measuring the distance between me and Stiles? It would've made more sense if it was Scott, I mean he is my beta after all.
I don't know how Stiles can be on my mind so frequently so I lay down in bed and eventually drift off to sleep.

~ Nightmare begins ~

I'm driving around in rainy Beacon Hills in the middle of the night of the full moon when I hear a roar. I park my car and step out of the black Camaro and look around scanning the area. Nothing but cars and the smell of gas, I frown, which means I'm in the parking house. Probably at the mall but I could be at the office building. I hear someone roar, same as earlier, and quickly shift to my wolfform not knowing who it is. Then he appears from behind a light blue Toyota. I don't recognize him but his red eyes does tell me something, another Alpha! He charges at me and I dodge it slamming him into a car making the alarm go off. He looks at me gritting his teeth and he roars. It almost scares me.