Chapter 10

I wait for Phil at the front of the schoo, quietly tapping my foot to a random tune stuck in my head, stopping when I see Phil walk casually down the hallway in my direction. I straighten up, a little to anxious, I admit, and make my way over to Phil.

"Hey Dan." He greets.

"Hey, come on, let's go." I tell him, nudging him towards the parking lot.

It's a silent walk to my car, almost awkward. I have both my hands stuffed into the pockets of my black skinny jeans. Phil has his hands resting in the pockets of his open black sweater. We make it to my car, getting in in unison, and throwing our bags to the back.

"What do you wanna listen to? The CDs are in the glove box if you wanna take a look." I offer, pointing to the black box in front of him. His face lights up ever so slightly. Music is a key point, I see. He excitedly pulls open the glove compartment and pulls out my CD collection in awe. I have quite a lot of CDs.

He looks through them, muttering the names. "Folie A Deux... Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge... American Idiot.... Origin of Symmetry!" He exclaims happily, looking at me with bright eyes, clutching the album. I laugh.

"Put it in." I say. He immediately inserts the CD as I turn on my car and start the drive back to my place, while Phil internally (me externally,) dances along to the music filling my car.

"Do we have to get out? Can't we just stay in here until the albums' over?" Phil whines as we pull up my driveway.

"No, you goof, I have a stereo in my room, we can just play the CD there." I laugh.

"Alright." He says with a fake sigh. We get out of the car and grab our bags, then walk up to my front porch where I proceed to unlock the door. Phil follows as I walk in. We kick off our shoes and run up the stairs to my room. I take the album from Phil and pop it into the stereo I have in my room. He's still standing by my door.

"You can sit somewhere, y'know." I tell him, plopping done in my desk chair and swirling it to look at Phil, who is now taking a seat on my bed and crossing his legs like a kindergartener. It's cute.

A long silence creeps onto us, each not knowing who to start the conversation. Well, I invited him here, for fucks sake. Of course I should bring it up.

"So." I start slowly, catching his attention. "What exactly happened with your dad last night?"

He sighs and looks at his hands. "Dan, you can't tell anyone this." He says with complete seriousness and nervousness dripping from his words.

"I promise" I say.

He takes a deep breath as if he's about to try and break the world record for how long someone can hold their breath under water.

(*tw*)

"Last night... my dad was drunk," He begins quietly, carefully choosing each word.
"And... I dropped a plate and broke it, no big deal, right? Well, wrong." He continues.

He slowly lifts his shirt, revealing a huge gash covering his entire left side.

"He took the glass, hitting me repeatedly, then he... Cut me with it." He tells me with tears visible in his eyes, but not his voice.

I cover my mouth with my hands. How could anybody even think about doing this to someone as sweet and kind as Phil.? What kind of monster is this?

"P-Phil, I had no idea, I'm so sorry." I say, getting up and sitting beside him. I put a hand on his back to comfort him. He rests his head in his hands.

"I hate myself" He says, barely audible.

I pull him into a hug. my arms around his shoulders and his head in the crease between my neck and shoulder. After a moment of hesitation, he wraps his arms around my waist.

"Phil, you are too amazing, people are wrong to hate you. Even you." I tell him. His cries become louder.

"But I'm so useless." He says sadly.

"No, Phil you aren't, you are one of the reasons I smile all the time and the reason I always look forward to the next day because I know I'll get to see you. You are not useless, you are important. Important to my happiness, my life." I blurt out. He looks at me with red puffy eyes.

"Wait, really?" He asks, shocked.

I chuckle softly. "Of course."

He nuzzles closer to me and I hear the sobs grow quieter until they are nonexistent. We sit in silence, but this time it's a comforting silence. Phil is basically sitting in my lap, both our arms around each other. His head is still on my shoulder and I can feel his warm breath on my neck. We're so close, I can smell a faint scent if raspberries coming off him.

Almost 20 minutes hugging/cuddling, Phil shuffles around and makes his way off me embarrassed.

"Sorry." He mutters.

I smile brightly. "Don't be."

A smile makes it's way back to his face and I feel my own smile growing.

"Phil, I have a question."

"Yeah?"

"How long has your dad been doing this?"

"Ever since my mom died" He tells me, his voice dripping with sadness. I stand up and hug him again.

"I'm sorry'."  I whisper in his ear. He squeezes me tighter.

"Hey, don't worry about me, I'll be fine." He tries to reassure me. I hold him for a few more seconds before deciding to let go.

"Well," I say. "Would you like to join me on the roof?"

A/N

THIS GAVE ME ALL THE FEELS OH GOD I LOVED IT I HOPE YOU LOVED IT TOO. remember to vote and comment cause it is v appreciated and makes me extremely happy :3 thanks for reading guys, see you in the next update, byeeee!!!

-Kiwi