“And tell me how you’re going to save the world? You’re just a bunch of kids.” Mariah, obviously flustered, said. That comment made me clench my fists and grit my teeth. I breathed out of my nose heavily.

“Out of all people, I would have thought you would have known you should never underestimate me. & well, I guess you’ll have to see for yourself Mariah.” I practically spat out of my mouth. She looked guilty for what she said, but did not apologize. She just searched for words to say. “Bye Mariah, I love you.” I murmured as I was about to leave. Then I looked over at Nigel and I could see in his face he knew I was more than capable of perceiving such tasks since I did escape the government twice now. “Oh, and since I might die I would like to tell you guys some things. Mariah, I drove your car once without you knowing and Nigel I’ve always thought you were oh so sexy. Like seriously I don’t know why Mariah’s not slamming you.” I told them as I transported out of their tiny apartment, and into the HQ.

Akemi was monitoring the cameras with Scarlett and they seemed to be very in depth conversation about positions and timing. Right now it was five until Bliss shut down everything and locked them down in the celebration hall. It was complete havoc so I just aloofly walked over to an officer. “I’m here for the time bombs.” I told the lanky man with the brown goatee.

“State your name please.” He replied affirmatively.

“Elijah Williams.” I told him confused.

“How do I know it’s you?” He asked quizzically. I crossed my arms and gave him a ghetto look.

“Just give me the fucking bombs.” I sighed rolling my eyes. I didn’t have time for imbecilic people like him. He seemed slightly intimidated by me from the look in his eyes and opened the door to a displayed advanced helicopter across the floor.

“These are going to explode at five p.m.” He told me pointing to the simple count down marker on the round wheel like bomb. It had no wires, so it couldn’t be defused from the outside. I nodded and gulped as I slipped all of them into my back weighing it down immensely. I had to remove all of my weapons and items for them all to fit. I knew I shouldn’t disrupt Akemi and Scarlett from their mapping and going over things, but I had to say bye to them while I was here. I ran over to them pushing through the crowd of Special Forces until I got to them.

“Elijah!” Akemi exclaimed smiling. “No, I’m not talking to you.” He replied to someone on the other end of his mic.  His grin came back after that comment and I ran up to hug him tight.

Awe!” Scarlett exclaimed in a squeaky voice from behind us. I let go of Akemi and hugged her tight to.

“Well, I’m leaving guys.” I told them sagging my shoulders. Scarlett’s gaze was strong, but I could see worry in her face as well. Akemi nodded sadly.

“Hey, don’t worry.” I told Akemi as I touched the side of his pale smooth face. His Asian brown eyes looked into mine and he smiled, but the sadness leaked through all the pores in his face. I leaned in and kissed his passionately for seconds on end. Then when we broke apart I still was holding his face and I vanished leaving him in silence.

I was in the house now with thirty minutes to spare, but since there was no time I couldn’t really calculate when time was up. So far I was alive which made me more than relieved. I was going to live. All cats were gone; it was just me alone in the house for once passing through its vacant halls. The boards creaked beneath my feet as I passed through corridors and unlatched ancient doors seeking for a base. I found one shortly and took a deep breath. This was it. Before I exited through the door I stopped myself. I had an idea. I ran through the house searching for base doors. When I found one I would open it and leave it open, and place a bomb in the opening of the doorway. After timeless sessions of going up and down stairs, all bombs were laid out and all base doors were open. This could and hopefully would, save my life. I ran down the hallways kicking the bombs through the doors. Punt after punt, after punt. I could see explosions filtering through the screen of the door. Alexander’s second assumption had been correct. They would instantly explode out of the time field. What I also noticed was tons and hundreds of captives were running for the hills around the areas from when they were released earlier. I wondered what the boys were doing. Oh shit, the boys. I ran down into the dark and eerie cellar of the house and swung open the door where Jedidiah, Aiden, and Mordecai were supposed to meet me outside the base, well around it since it was underground. I wasn’t there. Jedidiah was frantically pushing through flames with his flamboyant arms, untouched by the surrounding flames. He was looking for me. Jedidiah was looking for me. I saw Mordecai trapped underneath a piece of rubble as smoke flared around him and flames edged closer. What happened to wait for no one? Aiden seemed fine and he was running down the hill away from the explosion, but searching frantically for the others, or me. I threw myself out into the smoky rubble. Rocks and ground were cracked, thrown, and scattered like an earthquake had occurred. Well I guess you could say one had since a massive explosion had happened just beneath the surface a few minutes ago. Or seconds. I couldn’t quite tell here. I coughed at the smoke appearing around me and avoided the large flames draped around the already barren ground. I hopped over a boulder trying to remember where Mordecai was. He was my first priority since he was trapped.

“Mordecai!” I called loud. I listened for a response with my acute hearing. Muffled, but alive, I heard my name be whimpered back in a confused tone. I traced it back to him avoiding breaching flames and trying to adjust my blurry eye sight through the clouds of smoke shadowing over this whole scene. I felt every pore on me being clogged and I tried to breath as shallow as possible to not let smoke drift into my lungs. At first when I spotted Mordecai I was unable to tell if it was him or not. Then I wiped a few tears from the corners of my eyes from the intense smoke and realized it was him. I knew he was fine since he developed a rare blood type capable of absorbing any positive energy in the atmosphere to repair his body. A huge boulder and metal beam lied across him and his face was deformed from pain. I ran over and heaved my weight onto the bar sliding it off the huge rock. I pushed the rock as hard as I could, but it didn’t move an inch. “It’s okay, it’s okay, everything is going to be okay.” I murmured to him as I searched for any other option. Flames grew nearer to our bodies. They just adored the dryNevadaground. “Help!” I called for probably the first time in my life due to my independent composure. My blood was pumping with fear for my friend and fear for myself as well. I knew I could just teleport away from the flames, but I wouldn’t do that to a friend.

I breathed a deep breath ignoring the scorching flames inches away from Mordecai’s head. I had to focus. I had to concentrate. I had to formulate an idea, a plan, a solution. Then it hit me. Why hadn’t I thought of this sooner? Ugh! I crouched low to Mordecai’s ear.

“This is Elijah; we need someone to lift this boulder up off of Mordecai. Now. We’re surrounded by flames. Someone, I repeat, someone come help.” I recited into the ear piece and then calculated up our coordinates and revealed the information to the operator as well. I could see the flames burning at the stems of his hair and the rubber of my shoe. I leaned over and shoved his head in an awkward uncomfortable position away from the flames a few more inches. I scurried to the other side of the boulder to escape my boots being melted. Threw the flames I saw a figure approaching and my face lightened. Jedidiah crashed through the flames carrying a scrawny shrimp in the air away from the tall flames. It was lucky Jed was tall or he’d for sure scorch the shrimp he was carrying. Jedidiah sat the guy down and he flicked the boulder as it rolled off quenching some flames it rolled over onto. Mordecai’s body was awkwardly crushed in many different places and when he stood up he looked like an Outcome. Mordecai stretched his limbs and then folded his arms making sure they were alright. He wasn’t near fully adjusted since the smoke was so heavy. I could barely even see.

“Go! I got them!” Jedidiah called as he picked up the two onto his shoulders and ran through the flames. I coughed and nodded even though he was already gone, and I disappeared. The house had now seemed like the best place in the world as I lied strung out on the creaky wooden floor board with my hands above my head, gasping for air. My hair, well my everything, smelled like charcoal and they looked like it too. My eyes stung and needed washed out badly. I blinked heavily, and just laid there for a long moment with my hands and legs tingling still from a mixture of shock, fear, and excitement. I couldn’t grasp the fact I was alive, and those people were free. I was sure that war was about to break loose. I was sure there would be many deaths to this decision. But I did know it was worth it. If we hadn’t of done something there would never have been that staring point to recreation of the world.