Chapter 9~Home...Just Home

**NOT EDITED**

I don't know how or when I got home. I passed out in the car and didn't wake up until I was in my bed. But when I did wake up nothing was the same.

"Hey Addie!" I said, happy to be home and to see her. "What's up?" She glanced at me with puffy eyes. "What happened?" 

"I- I- I- I-" She gulped. "Jason really did kiss Kayla..." She bursts into more sobs and I just couldn't stand to watch her like this. 

"Oh, shhhh." I rubbed her back while pulling my phone out my my pocket. I had a text.

From: Nate 

When are we meeting up at the tree house?

Immediately my stomach filled up with butterflies but I continued to soothe Addie. 

To: Nate

An hour or 2. Around 3?

Sending the text I looked at Addie. "So...Channing Tatum and some ice cream?" Her head nodded eagerly so I went and got two tubs of ice cream that we conveniently had in the freezer but saw a small sticky note taped to them. 

Sorry

-Jason

I quickly crumpled it up and threw it away before returning to the living room with some ice cream. Addie had already put on Dear John and snuggled into the soft comforter that was laying on the couch. 

"Did you bring spoons?" Addie asked, causing me to smack myself in the head.

"Nope, sorry. I got get them." I handed her the two ice cream tubs and walked into the kitchen.

"Hey! Haley!" I looked at the back door and saw Lucas, just after getting a text. 

"Uh," I said. "Why are you in my house?" 

"I need a tie!" He sounded rushed and I looked at him weirdly. He continued, "I have to meet the parents of a very rich fling that I had..."

"Dyson's room in his closet. Good luck!" I called after him as his bounded up the stairs. 

That was random...

Getting the spoons I got another text.

From: Nate

Sounds gooooooood!

I chuckled and texted him back, 

To: Nate

Okaaaaaaaayyyyyyyy!

Quickly putting my phone away, I ran back into the living room just to see Addie staring at a shirtless Channing Tatum. 

"Thanks for the tie!" I heard and then Lucas was running out the door. That kid is an idiot.

Grabbing a tub of ice cream I dove in and looked over at Addie.

She was eating her ice cream and her face looked better. It wasn't red and splotchy any more.

My phone vibrated but Addie didn't notice. 

From: Dyson

Sorry I couldnt be there 2 c u. :(

Speaking of Dyson, why isn't he here? 

To: Dyson

Why aren't you here?????? 

He didn't text me back. Instead Addie and I sat there just watching some Channing Tatum awesomeness.