Chapter 5~In-n-Out

I stepped into the family In-n-Out restaurant. The smell of burgers. As much as I love this place, it brings to many bad memories, such as the one man sitting at the far corner of the restaurant.

I walked towards the man, gracefully maneuvering around chairs and tables. A 'Caution: Wet Sign' came into view as I came up to the table where the man was sitting.

As I sat down in the chair, the cold metal sunk through my jeans. "So..." I drawled out, "What bring you here?" I asked my father, also known as Monkey.

"What brings me here?!" He raised his voice a tad, but luckily there isn't many people here today so no one seemed to notice. "What brings me here?!" He repeated. "Well someone hasn't been doing a very good job. Someone hasn't been fighting." He sneered, very close to my face. I could smell the alcohol in his breath and tried not to cough.

"Someone, has a life." I retorted, but fully regretted it as he looked around frantically before slapping the side of my face, somehow going unnoticed.

"Someone's life is making money for me. And don't forget," He added, "You make money too. Your pretty little mama can't exactly pay all the bills. And yet, she still hasn't noticed what you do for her." He tapped his chin.

"The same mama that you left. The same one who loved you. The same one who would do anything for you!" I almost started crying at that, but remained cool. Not for long though. The tears were coming, and they'd be here pretty soon.

"You listen here, girl. If you don't have me 20 g's by then end of the month, your pretty little friends are gonna have to pay." He looked me straight into the eyes. "Don't think I don't know 'bout those two stupid boys. If they think they can get involved with you and not get hurt, they're wrong. Dead wrong." I could feel the double meaning as he stood up quickly from the chair. "And don't even bother trying to protect 'em." He swiftly turned away almost tripping on a chair, but somehow managed to walked out unharmed.

I walked up to the register and ordered some simple grilled cheese. "I'll pay." Mark came up behind me and put a hand on my shoulder. "You alright?" He asked after paying the woman for my food. I also noticed the flirty smile she gave him. Gag me now, she's like, thirty.

"No." I said to him honestly. I needed to change the subject though, "So how's Penny?" Penny is Marks' girlfriend. Mark shrugged.

"She missed you, ya know?" I gaped at him.

"She misses me? Really?" I asked in disbelief. Penny is one of the higher class type of girl. Although she really likes Mark -well, love to be exact- I just never thought she would think of me as a friend.

"Yeah. You should really come over. You know, to the apartment." Mark has his own apartment because he got emancipated. 

"I'd love to see her." I told him honestly, "But I think I should get home. After, uh, what just happened." He nodded his head understandingly. Just then, I noticed the very dark purple bags under his eyes.

"Dude. Are you okay? You look li-" He cut me off with the shake of his head.

"Don't ask. Umm, it's nothing. Well, you should totally come over tomorrow or something. Penny would love to see you." I dismissed his odd attitude, and nodded. 

"Yeah, defiantly." He could sense my reluctance to let this go so he quickly got away. 

"Okay. Bye!" With that he stood up and ran to his car that we drove here. I glanced around at the more occupied resturaunt, wishing it had been like this earlier. Whatever. Now, thinking about it, my cheek started to sting.

I should get home, I though as I saw the darkening sky outside. So I started to walk out into the cold of night.

Dyson's POV (When scary man comes in and says "Long time no see.")