Chapter 3~Lilly's Cafe is a Place For Bad News

Anytime my parents or family had bad news, they'd take me to Lilly's Cafe. They knew I loved it, so they thought it'd help soften the blow. When I was eight, my parents took me here to tell me that my gerbil died. When I was eleven, my brother took me here to tell me he was the one who let my dog loose. They all seem to be about my animals.

"Okay. So what's the deal?" I asked as we sat down in a booth.

"What? A deal? Why does there have to be a deal?" He asked nervously. "Can't I just take my best friend's sister out to eat?"

I scoffed. "Just spit it out already."

"I well, I uh.l.. ImighthavesaidsomethingaboutyoubeingCrimson... hedoesn'tknowthough!" He said very, very rushed. "I think..." He added

"Who was it?" I asked, trying to sound calm...even though I was about ready to strangle him. "Who did you tell!?" I demanded, almost slamming my fists on the table.

"It was an accident!" He protested. The bell ringed, signaling that someone else was coming into to cafe. I didn't pay attention until that person came and sat by Lucas.

"What's up, Lucas? And Haley...Haley! The Haley!?" I stared straight at Lucas.

"Was it him?" I asked. Lucas slowly nodded. I could feel the anger rising inside me. When people found out, people got hurt. I don't want anyone to get hurt.

"What could I get for you guys today?" A sweet, older woman asked. 

"I'd like a chocolate milkshake." I said, not hiding the venom in my voice as I stared at the two boys in front of me.

They listed off their orders, but I was glaring at them to much to notice what they said.

"Look here you two. When people know, people get hurt. When people get hurt, I get mad and sad. Then, more people get hurt. It wasn't my choice to start this. But I have to do it. If you say one word to anyone about any of this, you will end up hurt. I don't want anyone getting hurt." Surprising, I said all of that very calmly. 

Lucas gulped along side Nate, the boy who came in earlier. He is actually a really good friend of mine.

"Is that clear?" I asked after the waitress dropped off out food and Lucas paid for it all.

"Yes."

"Yes."

"Good! Now I'm gonna eat the milkshake!" i chirped.

"Dude, are you bi-polar?" Nate asked. I stared at him, sucking up the chocolaty goodness through a straw.

"She isn't. She just has a weakness for chocolate." Lucas explained...how in the world did he know?

"Ugh..." Lucas blushed a bit after realizing what a creep he sounded like. Nate started to make fun of him.

"Ooh, someone is blushing!" Nate teased. 

"No I'm not!" He protested.

"You guys are such girls." I finished my milkshake and went to stand up.

"Hey, I'll take you home." Nate offered, "You are my neighbor." He winked at me.

"Sure! Lucas, looks like you don't have to take me home!" He forced a smile and waved us off.

"So...street fighting, huh?" Nate asked after we got into the car.

"Don't bring it up. I already am on bad terms with you, mostly because of Lucas, though."

He went quiet for a bit.

"Do you remember when we were little and we would play in the tree house together? Our families would usher us out of the house, so we went to tree house and started playing together..." he trailed off, making me blush. We were elven.

"Go on guys! Go play outside!" Nate's mom ushered us outside. Nate grabbed my hand and we ran to our tree house.

"Last one up is a dirty rotten egg!" I called as I climbed up the rope.

"Hey! That's so not fair!" I pulled myself into the tree house.

Nate sat crosses legged a foot or two away from me.

"So..." We looked at each other and started laughing. "Why" I gasped for breath, "Are we laughing?" I finally choked out.

"I don't know." He stated. He moved towards me and his knees brushed against mine. I looked up at him and our eyes locked.

He must have been a super confident twelve year old because he kissed me. We were only in sixth grade!

"Yeah...Good times." Nate let out a small chuckle. I blushed even more.

"Thanks for the ride!" I called as he pulled into his driveway. I quickly jumped out and ran to my door. I looked over at Nate and he was staring at me. I gave a small wave and entered the house.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

Thanks for reading!! Vote please?? Comment anything!! Fan me!! :D 

I know it was shorter than usual, but the title is mainly about Lilly's, so I made it just that. Hope you like it!! I'll update soon!!

Love y'all,

OneFunnyMonkey