Chapter 6~Over The Border

The next morning Lucas, Nate, Dyson and I skipped school. All three boys still looked pretty bad. Lucas had one black eye and a broken nose. Nate had two black eyes and bruises all over his body. And Dyson got the worst. Probably because Harrison really doesn't like him. Dyson had both eyes black and his nose was broken. His arms were bruised and his chest was purple. Only once in my life had I been so scared for Dyson. 

It was right when my father got mixed up in all of this kind of stuff.

There was a knock at the door and Dyson had gotten up to answer it. We both thought it'd be our cousin who was coming over. Yeah...no. 

I was in the living room but could hear everything clearly.

"Is Thomas here?" The man asked referring to my father.

"No n-not at t-the m-m-moment." Dyson had a very bad stutter when we were around twelve years old so it sounded like he was scared.

"You lyin' to me, boy?" The man growled.

"N-n-no!" Dyson screamed. 

It was silent for a few moment so I went to check it out. Dyson was laying underneath the man who would be Harrison. A knife pressed against his temple, tears streaming from the eyes.

"Dyson!" I rushed to the man and pushed him off. The man grabbed me and threw me against the wall, instantly making me black out. I woke up and saw Dyson laying on the floor unconscious and he looked so bad. So lifeless. I started to cry right then and there. I though he would die but my mother came home just in time.

Lucas and Nate walked down stairs sleepily as I finished making the breakfast. Eggs, bacon, bread with butter and sausages. Yum!

Nate's brown hair was tousled and his eyes were still pretty bad. Lucas' nose looked...disfigured. 

"Hey. Y'all right?" I asked them as they sat down with a steamy hot plate of breakfast.

"You just said y'all." Lucas snickered. 

"'Cause I was rushing my words. Y'all better eat up or else y'all will be really tired and weak. Also," I added, "Y'all need to meet Dyson at the park we went to. He has something important to talk to you about. I don't know what it was, but it sounded important."

They both stuffed their faces with the extremely amazing- and no, I'm not just saying that because I made it -food. Boys will be boys. Even when an evil, murderous, and scary many beat the crap out of 'em last night. They should really be resting. 

"Guys," I sighed, "I think you two should stay home. I should have made Dyson stay home too, but he left before I woke up."

"I can see you're in your normal attire." Lucas commented.

"Well," Nate began to add, "I wouldn't say normal." He gestured to my pajama shirt that was riding up and flashing my tattoo and stomach. 

Quickly, I pulled my shirt down and also went through another perverted comment from Lucas.

"I wouldn't mind if it was normal." Smacking him upside the head, I heading back upstairs to put some normal clothes on. 

"Nate, Lucas!" I called as I walked back down stairs. I may or may not have fallen asleep when I was supposed to be getting into real clothes.

"Oh, they left to go see Dyson," I swiftly turned around and came face to face with Harrison. Wasn't one day enough? 

"Look here, Harrison" I spat, venom lacing my words. "If you don't leave my family alone, including Lucas and Nate, you will regret it." Sure, saying you'll regret it is weak but I needed something.