"Listen, Twerp," he called me, looking very pissed off. I gulped, struggling to see his face through my bangs that were covering my face. "I can snap you like a twig. That bed is mine, and that's final," he told me, his breath having a slight minty smell to it as he slowly chewed his gum between his whitened teeth.

He pulled me away from the wall a few centimeters and slammed me against it one more, making me hit my head a bit harder than the first time he did it. The first time it hurt my back more than my head. There was a louder 'thump' this time, though. I felt a bit dizzy after this one.

"Got it?" he asked, his face close to mine. I didn't say anything for a while, but once I felt his hands tightening around my shirt, I frantically nodded. He released me, letting me slide down the wall a few centimeters as I regained my balance.

"Good," he said, "now go be a faggot somewhere else." He turned and plopped on my... his bed. I didn't have to be told again. The second his eyes left me, I dashed right out of that room, slamming it behind me.

What the hell was up with that guy!? He obviously had some fucking problem to be throwing a fit over which bed he wanted. But then again, it was the better selection. It was closer to the bathroom and dresser and was farthest from the door. Screw Chris. He's such a little prick! I told myself I'd never judge a guy like him- but hey! I was right to judge him before! I was spot on with this asshole!

Guys like him at my old school bullied guys like the one I'm posing as. It was sad and really fucked up. Plus he called me a terrible name! If he actually thought I was gay then he had another thing coming!

I didn't notice I was fast walking down the hallway with my head down until my shoulder roughly bumped into another guy's shoulder. I must have been wanting to get away from the devil himself as quickly as possible. My head immediately snapped up. 

"I'm sorry!" I said quickly, holding my hands up as if I really didn't mean it. It felt like I'd run into another Chris and that I'd get shoved into a wall again. The guy I ran into didn't look threatening at all, though. He had a rusty red and black striped hoodie, skinny black jeans, and messy emo hair like me, just chocolate brown. His hair was a bit more hardcore than mine. It was layered all over and naturally messy. He must've had this style for way longer than me.

The corner of his lips twitched upwards a little, as if he wanted to laugh at my reaction. He shook the hair out of his eyes. 

"It's cool. Don't worry about it," he said, shoving his hands into his pockets like I'd done earlier.

I nodded and turned away, about to walk off, when he started to talk again.

"You new?" he asked, curiosity obviously hanging off of each syllable that left his mouth- Which I'd noticed had snakebites. I nodded, feeling a bit awkward just standing there under his gaze. He nodded again.

"I'm Dusty," he said, cracking a grin at my awkwardness. I just flashed my famous crooked smile I'd been practicing all summer. "Dakota," I replied.

Dusty nodded, "You goin' to dinner yet?" he asked, guessing that's where I was headed. Dinner was in a good forty minutes but I guess it didn't hurt to be early. I just nodded.

"I was gonna go, too. Let me just drop by my room real fast," he said, stopping just a few doors down. He was on the same floor as me, except on the opposite end of the hallway. 

He opened his door and I shyly shuffled in behind him. 

"Hey, guys!" he called, getting the attention of two boys playing video games. One on each bed. They looked identical. Their hair was black- but it looked dyed like mine and not natural like Dusty's.