A Little Bite

Jaclyn trudged behind Luca for what seemed like several treacherous miles into the dense forest that lay behind her childhood home and she was starting to become pissed as she tripped over yet another root in the pitch black woods, the landscape hidden as nightfall coated their soundings. Stumbling forward she lost her footing, tumbling directly into Luca's back which resulted in him whipping around quickly and wrapping his arms around her waist as he pulled her flush against his muscular chest.

"You know if you really wanted me that badly Jaclyn all you had to do was ask, no need to throw yourself at me. I assure you that you'll find no resistance from me." Tossing her a sultry look with a flirty wink, he tightened his grip as she struggled against him, trying to free herself from his steel trap grip.

"Keep it up baby and I'll take you right here, right now. I do love the feisty ones and you're definitely proving yourself to be my type." Leaning forward he pressed his lips firmly against her own, flicking his tongue into her mouth he pushed her roughly against an old oak tree, the bark digging painfully into her back. Luca pressed himself tightly against her as he picked her up, trapping her against the tree so that her legs dangled off of the ground by several feet.

"Mmmm... I've waited so long to get a taste of you sweet Jaclyn and all I can say is it was well worth the wait." Luca murmured against her lips as he ground his hips against hers, muffling her cries of protest as he recaptured her lips in another rough, passionate kiss.

Acting purely on instinct she but down hard on his bottom lip, her sharp teeth tearing through his flesh as blood began to flow from the large laceration. Luca reared his head backwards, his gold eyes flashed with rage before clouding over with something else, the aura around him felt dangerous. "You definitely know how put the halt on any of my advances Jaclyn. Tell me what makes my brother so much better that you'll let him put his hands all over you?"

"Whatever has happened between your brother and I is nobody's business but our own. I don't recall asking you about your personal life and I'd like the same courtesy given to me."

"Oh but it very much is my business Jaclyn. Everything to do with you is now my business, I intend to make you mine one way or another." Releasing his hold he had on her he stepped back a foot to give her some breathing room. "Despite the fact that I'd love to show you just how I can make you mine, we really need get going as there's still a ways to go before we get to the portal."

"Luca you're delusional if you think I'll give myself over to you. Like I said earlier I'd rather take my chances with Belial then get involved with you or any other demon. The only reason I'm even out here in the middle of nowhere is to ensure you haven't laid a finger on my brother because if anything's happened to him I guarantee you that my face will be the last thing that you see before the light flickers out from your eyes."

Flicking the hair out of her eyes she lifted her chin up in defiance as she saw Luca shoot her a surprised look. If he thought she was the weak, naive girl she used to be when he first met her Luca was sorely mistaken, for the last few weeks squashed any semblance of innocence she'd had. Straightening out her rumpled clothes she stood up to her fullest height, the fire in her eyes shining brightly as the challenge lay barely unsaid.

Shaking his head Luca turned away from her, his attention once again on the uneven trail that barely broke its way through the dense undergrowth of the forest, choosing to ignore her taunts and continue onward deeper into the woods. Smirking, because of she'd somehow managed to turn the situation in her favor, Jaci followed behind him with a new spring in her step. The battle was won but would she win this war?

Several hours passed by and the pitch black sky slowly began to wane into a deep purple as the night began to fade slowly into day. Luca continued to march onward, only looking back occasionally to ensure that she still trailed behind, he'd remained silent ever since their little exchange earlier. Exhaustion was beginning to cloud her mind from the lack of sleep and turn of events from what had happened yesterday made her almost delirious with fatigue, which weighed heavily down on her waning energy levels. Right as she was about to tell him slow down the relentless pace, so she could take a breather, he came to a sudden stop, the atmosphere seemed to be charged with a strange energy as he turned to face her, smiling broadly.

"Up ahead is one of the portals into the underworld and entryway into my home. Unlike my brother Belial, whom is gifted with the power of transportation, I've had to resort to using these damned portals, but one does what one must do. Come now Jaclyn, let us get going from this dreaded place. I've been gone far to long from home and I'm certain you're antsy to see your brother Nathan sooner than later."

Turning around he walked over to a dark grey boulder that was tucked inconspicuously into the edge of a small hillside that rose from the ground to their right. Running his hand along the stone a bright blue line erupted along the boulders surface, lighting up the small clearing in which they stood with a dull eerie glow. Soon elaborate lines and swirls covered the entire stone, the strange energy she sensed earlier radiated so strongly from the boulder that the air around them seemed to shake from the raw power of it. A sharp crack startled her so that she jumped back nimbly several yards as the stone split right in half, revealing a dim passage way that faintly glowed almost like a beacon in the distance.

"Come Jaclyn. There isn't much time to waste before the passage closes again, so as the old saying goes ladies first." Placing his hand on her lower back he guided her forward towards the dim passageway and felt just like Alice about to enter the rabbit's hole.

Nearing the edge of the entrance she peered into the unknown before her, hesitant to step any further into this so called portal of Luca's. A forceful shove hurled her forward into the opening, taking away any choice she had as she lost her footing and stumbled forward. The passage she thought she'd seen was nothing more than a mirage as the air whipped past her as fell into the abyss below. Screaming she tried to grab a hold of anything to slow down her decent as she continued to fall downwards, the space around her offered nothing as the pull of gravity was relentless in its pursuit of bringing her closer to a sudden, painful death.

On and on she fell... each second that passed was one second closer to whatever lay at the bottom and with it the finale to her short pitiful story. Closing her eyes she spread her arms wide, embracing the winds caress like one would a lover's last touch before departing for eternity as she continued to fall. Suddenly it wasn't just the wind caressing her face but the sensation of fingertips tracing along her jaw made her eyes pop back open to reveal Luca floating beside her, his characteristic smirk gone as he looked at her so longingly that it almost made her heart hurt.

Almost...

That is if she somehow managed to forgot that the prick was the one who literally shoved her into this predicament in the first place just moments ago. Fat chance of that happening... Jerking her head back she shot him her best death glare, the last thing she needed was to spend her last seconds with him before she died.

"I'll win you over eventually my dear Jaclyn. For now though the last part of our journey is something I can't have you see. Don't worry though when you wake up we'll be at my place and we can be free off any chance of my brother interfering. Now sleep my love, soon we'll be home and we can begin our life together."

Reaching forward he traced his fingers sensually along her cheek and a wave of fatigue suddenly overwhelmed her. Eyelids became heavy and she wasn't able to stay conscious any longer, the world of dreams welcomed her into it's embrace with open arms.

*****************************************************************************************************************************

A/N Hello again everyone!! I've been terribly naughty and haven't updated for a bit so I hope you'll forgive me for the delay. A mix of life and a horrible case of writers block didn't help speed up this chapter being published in the least bit.

So I would love to hear what everyone thought of this chapter or what was your favorite part of the story so far. I have so many wonderful readers and supporters of this story I'm having trouble deciding who to dedicate this chapter to. So the first person who votes and comments gets the dedication, because without you there wouldn't be a story and this story wouldn't be doing as well as it is.

Till next time everyone, I hope you have a fabulous week.