Strange Happenings

A dull throbbing ache at the back of his skull slowly brought him back to reality, he was alive... but barely from the feel of it. Opening his eyes he was surprised to find himself in a pitch black dark room, the air smelt like sulfur and he pursed his lips in distaste. The hard floor felt rough and uneven beneath him as he lay supine on the ground, every muscle in his body protesting loudly as he tried to sit upright. Bright white spots swirled in front of him at the sudden movement, as a wave of dizziness fogged his mind as he struggled to maintain sitting upright, trembling with the effort.

A rustling noise came from the right of him and he instinctively whipped his head in that direction, the quick motion nearly caused him to pass out right then and there as he struggled to stay conscious. Peering into the darkness he tried to discern any movement, no such luck, it was too dark to decipher anything beyond the tip of his nose. A sweet and tantalizing aroma filled the air and with it came the ravenous growling in his stomach. He was famished.

"Is anyone there?" His voice came out deeper than usual, though it sounded raspy, probably due to his throat feeling as dry as the Saharan desert.

The clinking of metal sounded from somewhere in the dark in front of him and his heart rate spiked at the unknown before him, of course nobody replied and the silence was deafening. "I know somebody is there, stop playing games and answer me!"

A low muffled groan came from not more that ten feet in front of him, followed by what sounded like chains being drug against the ground. Struggling to his feet he swayed back and forth as a wave of lightheadedness, followed by a swell of nausea, rolled across him and it was almost enough to make him pass out. Swallowing a few times he managed to keep himself from emptying the contents of his stomach. Running his tongue along his dry, cracked lips he slowly inhaled through his nose, the sweet smell once again filled his senses and with it returned his ravenous hunger. He was so ever hungry, the want to consume whatever that sweet and mouthwatering aroma was overwhelming. If only he had a light he could figure out where the hell he was located at and, more importantly, what the source of that delicious smell was.

As if somebody was reading his thoughts a small light flickered in the center of the room, casting a dull glow as it radiated from above. Although the light was dim it still burned his sensitive eyes and he quickly closed them, blinking a few times as he tried to adapt after being plunged in darkness for so long. As soon as everything came into focus he immediately wished it hadn't.

Dark grey stone surrounded everything around him except for a metal gate that was embedded into the stone wall to his right. That wasn't what made him wish he was still plunged into the darkness, it was much worse than that. Maya was chained to the door with her hands behind her back, a cloth gag in her mouth as she stared at him in horror. Why was she looking at him like that? Glancing down he reeled back as he saw that his hands no longer resembled that of a humans.

Dark red razor sharp claws extended out at least five inches in length from where his nails once where. Looking at his arms he was horrified to discover that they were coated the entire length with thick deep violet scales. What was happening to him?

The sweet scent drifted across the room and his head whipped in the direction of where it was coming from. Maya visibly trembled as his eyes landed on her. He was so hungry...

In an almost trance like state he slowly walked in her direction, the smell getting stronger and overcoming all of his thoughts except for one thing... the ravenous hunger. Finally having closed the distance between the two of them he knelt down so that he was the same level as her. Maya began whimpering loudly, the sound only slightly muffled against the thick cloth gag. Inhaling deeply his eyes turned completely black as he realized the delicious scent was actually coming from her. Leaning in he ran his nose along the crook of her neck, breathing in deeply he felt an insatiable need to consume fresh meat. Maya tried to lean back but he quickly wrapped her hair around his fist, holding her locked in place. He needed to feed.

As soon as that thought entered his mind he jumped backwards, trying to distance himself as much as possible from Maya. What the fúck was going on with him that he'd even think that? Sitting as far as possible as he could from her he leaned against the stone wall, his mind going a thousand miles a minute. The last thing he remembered was reaching the shores of the lake, everything after that was completely blank, a void in his memory.

Hours passed by and still he didn't move an inch from his spot, though the temptation to do just that was overwhelming. Never once in his life had he been as hungry as he was right now at this moment. Maya never once took her eyes off of him, as if sensing the danger that lurked just beneath the surface of his calm facade. She was right to be afraid of him, he was just moments away from snapping and giving into his inner demons, the hunger was crippling and she smelt so mouthwatering. It was almost more than he could bare to handle.

The sound of the lock clicking in the gate broke his disturbing train of thoughts as his eyes zoomed onto the door. The metal door slowly opened and Maya scrambled out of the way the best she could manage, the door barely missing running into her as it opened completely. Luca strode into the room with a wide grin plastered across his demonic face. Spotting Maya on the ground his glee momentarily faltered he but caught himself, quickly concealing his error with a saccharine smile.

"I see you've awakened for your little nap. How are you feeling boy?"

"Just fúcking peachy. What the hell did you do to me?"

Nate looked up at Luca with pure loathing, the rage inside of him began to build as he watched the demon step further into the room. The confidence and evil that oozed from him was sickening and Nate wanted nothing more than to be the one that knocked it right out of him. As if sensing his thoughts Luca tisked , shaking his head as he looked on in disappointment. "I would like to remind you Nathan of our little deal and that you belong to me for the next year. You'd best to remember that boy and not test my patience, for it's definitely beginning to wear thin with your attitude. As for what happened to you I saved your life. It was either turn you or the poison would have taken your life."

"What do you mean you turned me?" Nate was flabbergasted, this couldn't be true. But it is true. You're no longer a human like you once were. His thoughts rang true across his mind, something was so very wrong here.

"It's a long process to explain but basically once you got onto the shore you were already dying from the poison that worked its way into your bloodstream. I tried to warn you that the elixir lasted only so long, but by then it was too late. I brought you back to my palace and turned you to ensure you lived up to the end of our bargain."

Luca was elusive in his answer but Nate was quick to catch in to his game. "And what is it you turned me into master." The last word was spit out with venom, his eyes glowed an eerily dark black as his anger grew.

"You're just like me now." Lucas features contorted as fangs grew longer, the sharp teeth reflected brightly from the glow of the light above them as he stepped closer to Nate.

It was then that Nate pounced forward.

******************************************************************************************

A/N Hello again everyone! I just returned back from vacation and have been diligently writing so that everyone didn't have to wait any longer for the next update. I hope that you've all had a lovely week since I've last checked in. Also I wanted to give a huge thanks to everyone who's commented and voted for my story. You all rock!! I can't put it into words how much I appreciate all of the comments and love everyone has for the story.

What do you think of Nate's new fate he was just dealt. Or more importantly what do you think is Luca's true intentions behind all of this? Let me know what you think of the chapter :D

Till next time I hope you have a splendid week.