Cambion

Horror whipped throughout her like a thunderstorm ragged across the sea as she stared at her reflection in the mirror, not believing what she was seeing was actually was her. Someone was screaming in the background and it took her a moment to realize that person was in fact herself. Slapping a hand over her mouth she tried to keep another scream from escaping as she crept closer to the mirror, hoping somehow her image was distorted by the distance.

Dark violet colored eyes stared back at her. They seemed somehow larger, more round than they used to be, shining from beneath her thick lashes like a beacon in the midnight sky.  Tracing her fingers lightly down her face in wonder she noticed her facial features were definitely sharper, more defined than they used to be.  When she opened her mouth, that was a whole different story.  A set of razor sharp pointed teeth reflected back at her, a warning to anyone that saw her that she was definitely no longer fully human.

Unable to stand it anymore she slammed her fists against the mirror, the glass shattering, distorting her image even more. Tears welled in her eyes and she turned around to face Belial.

"What did you do to me?"

******

He had known this moment would come. How did he make her realize what he'd done was for her safety?  It had made her stronger than the delicate human she was before, so that she had an actual chance at surviving his world.  All he wanted to do was to reassure her, but he realized by the steely, accusing look in her eyes, that probably wasn't going to calm his little spitfire down.  Taking a step forward he instantly stopped when he saw her flinch back, as if his touch was something poisonous, filthy, tainted... He had never seen her look at him like that, not even when she was a child in that war ravaged field, the people of her village were being massacred by his demonic troops.

"Jaci." His deep voice purred out, trying to soothe the worry and anger from her face.

It didn't work.

Her gaze seemed to harden even more, daring him to utter another word. Smiling inwardly he managed to keep a flat affect on his face as he matched her stare head on. He couldn't let her forget who her master really was, if he let his cool demeanor slip it would end up undoing all of his plans so far and putting him right back at the night he took her from her captors. Everything could be lost.

Blowing out a breath, he tried to clear his mind before speaking. It was now or never. Time to see how his little Jaclyn handles her new found form. It was time for the games begin...

*********

"Jaclyn you will answer me when I speak to you. Is that understood?"

When she didn't reply right away, he raised an eyebrow before a slow devious smirk settled upon his face, making him seem more like the predator he was instead of the human he was masquerading as. Walking closer he set the tray laden full of the forgotten food on a small table before making his way over to his little minx.  Stopping several feet away from her he watched as her body trembled, whether from fear or anger he wasn't exactly certain of just yet, she'd turned her gaze downwards. Reaching his hand forward he lightly grasped her chin, lifting her head up so that she was forced to look him in the eye.

"Do I need to repeat myself little Jaci or are you going to answer me when I'm speaking to you?" His low voice was seductive, almost teasing, as he tried to prompt a response from her.

A quick flash of lust flashed across her eyes, quickly clouded over with barely contained rage as she clenched her jaw together. If he hadn't been paying close attention he would have missed it completely. Luckily for him he'd had thousands of years worth of practice in the fine arts of dealing with dark creatures and humans alike, he could easily read human emotions. Jaclyn still desired him, despite how he'd deceived her with this little 'vacation' of theirs. Before he had a chance to speak the stunning woman in front of him finally decided to answer.

"Yes master. I understand perfectly." 

The meek and despondent voice that responded momentarily floored him, it couldn't have belonged to his brave Jaci. Letting go of her chin he stepped back to get a better look at the confusing woman before him. What was going throughout that complex mind of hers. Whatever it was he wasn't a fan of the new demeanor she was displaying and he intended to snap her out of it.

"Follow me."  Leaving no room for argument he turned around and strode out of the room, Jaci trailing quickly behind. Her question long forgotten.

**********

Heading down the long hallway she struggled to keep up as his long steps quickly lengthened the distance between them. Turning the corner he was soon out of sight and she had to begin jogging as she tried to catch up. Entering the kitchen she frantically looked around, quickly noticing he wasn't anywhere in sight. The slam of the front door startled her, whipping her head towards the sound, thankfully alerting her that he was leaving the cabin. Rushing outside she spotted Belial resting against the truck, a scowl plastered across his face and she felt her heartbeat pick up at the image he presented.

At the sight of her he straightened up, shooting her a look she couldn't quite discern before he turned around and opened the truck door. Gesturing towards the seat he waited as she paused for a second, gathering her courage before making her way towards the truck. Climbing into the massive truck she shifted uncomfortably on the seat as he shut the door behind her, making his way over to the drivers side. The click of the door opening was her only warning before he entered the vehicle, smoothly sliding onto the seat next to her. Shutting his door he shot her a quick look before turning the ignition, the truck rumbled to life beneath them.

Belial began to drive down the winding road, the silence in the air was deafening. No explanation was given for their sudden departure from the cabin and she didn't dare ask for one either. Feeling uneasy she glanced over at Belial, the muscles along his jaw  twitched slightly as he stared intently at the uneven road before them. The door locks clicked into place as the truck picked up speed, trapping her in the vehicle with one very disgruntled demon. 

Several hours into the trip and anger lurked underneath her cool demeanor, just waiting to escape her feeble hold upon it. This new found body of hers had a strange effect upon her subconscious thoughts, darkening them as they corrupted what little innocence she had left.  At the same time though she couldn't help but want the dark lord besides her, the longer they drove the more she fought the urge to jump over the cup holders and ravish him. Lucky her right? A hormonal newly turned cambion who could barely control her hormones and brooding demon. If the fates didn't hate her enough yet Belial broke the uneasy silence, his smooth voice doing nothing to stop the anxiety she felt when the words flowed from his mouth.

"I think it's time we had a little chat Jaci. Things as you've known it has changed."

*******************************************************************************************

A/N  Did anyone order a cliff hanger of an ending? If yes then -drum roll please.... voila there it is ;)

So do tell. What did you think of the chapter? Kind of jumps around a bit but it's needed for the next chapter. Belial is going to let Jaci know something big about what he intends for his beloved. Let me know what you think is going to happen next. I may come back and edit this chapter a little bit later on.  Who knows lol.

Till next time, I hope you all have a wonderful week :)