Doppleganger

The dark grey stone walls of his cell were covered with streaks and splatters of bright ruby red blood, which might have looked like some form of abstract artwork if not for the mangled body of the young doppelganger of his sister laying in a crumpled pile on the floor at his feet. Raising his hand up to his mouth Nate ran his forked tongue along each blood coated claw, savoring the rich coppery flavor of her spilt life force like a prime slice of filet mignon. With each lap of the delicious red fluid he was filled with a longing for more as his weakened state slowly regained strength until his body began to buzz with power. He wanted, no needed more. Licking his lips he scanned the room like a predator in search of its next meal.

Somewhere in the back of his mind there was a faint whisper of his old self which knew he should feel remorseful for the murder he'd just committed in cold blood, but that wasn't the case at the moment. Instead he was only slightly sickened with himself for feeling enjoyment in slaughtering the young girl, which he quickly squished with the overwhelming urge to inflict pain and suffering on others.  Perhaps now someone could finally have a taste of the torment he'd been through. Whatever Luca had done to change him into this beast was causing him to begin to lose the sense of who he truly was, despite how hard he fought against its pull he couldn't hold it off much longer. The darkness was encroaching upon his soul, like the relentless pull of the moon upon the tides of the ocean, and there was little he could do to stem the flow of the change that was happening to him.

The heavy steel lock clicked open, echoing loudly against the stone walls as the metal door swung open widely, revealing two beings cloaked in darkness just beyond the reach of the dim light that flickered in the center of his keep. One of the creatures strode confidently into the cell, revealing a gruesome looking demon like being, though it was like no demon he'd ever seen before.  Blackish brown spikes coated the entire length of its back, three horns protruding from the top of its head resembled a crown of thorns, as burnt orange leathery skin covered the remainder of its body.

"Master Luca sent us to retrieve you once you'd finished your little appetizer, which by the looks of it was delicious. Now follow me and remain quiet until you're told otherwise, that is unless you want to remain in the cell for awhile longer." It's voice was raspy, sounding similar to the old man from his village who smoked the tobacco pipe way too often.

"Why is it that master Luca doesn't come for me himself? I don't exactly remember being told I must follow your orders creature."

"Master Luca has much more important things to do than come down here to deal with a measly newly turned demon. Now either you follow me and do as I say or stay here and rot for all that I care. The choice is yours underling, but if I were you I'd choose carefully and quickly."

"And just where exactly do you plan on taking me to?"

"Master Luca wanted you taken to one of the guest suits and cleaned up before supper. Apparently he's having a guest come tonight and might want you there if it suits his need, though I have no idea why he'd want you there. Now are you coming or not? I don't have the time, nor the patience to continue discussing this with you anymore.  It's now or never boy."

The demons copper eyes flashed with annoyance and he decided he'd rather take his chances with the unknown creature than be stuck in this damn cell any longer. Honestly he felt as if he was slowly losing the last grip he had on humanity the longer he stayed in this hell hole for. Time seemed endless in this dank, dim place and he truly had no idea how long he'd actually been trapped here for-it could have been a matter of hours or weeks for all that he knew, there was no way to track the passing minutes .

"As much as both options sound tempting I'm ready to get the hell out of here dear sir." Gesturing towards the door with a flourish he couldn't help the mocking tone of his voice as he waited for the creature to lead the way.