Chapter 7

Rion POV

*Flashback*

I need to make sure that this paper is not completely morbid. You can do this, Rion. You're not a negative person by any means, right? Right. I began to type away my thoughts, the sound of clicking keys filling the silent room. Suddenly, I heard a loud knock on my door.

"For the love of college essays." I grumbled. I opened the door to see a tall figure facing the other direction.

"Can I help you?" I asked hesitantly. The man turned around with a beaming smile and a single red rose in hand. Oh no.

"Why yes. I am looking for a charming young man by the name of Orion?" He smirked.

"I thought me postponing our date was a message." I whispered heatedly.

"I don't think I got it?" He laughed and walked in. "I mean I really wanted to make the first time out a surprise, but you are one slippery fellow. That's okay, I don't mind your... missing manners." He winked.

"You just paced into my home and you're telling me about manners?"

He shrugged. "I don't see a problem. It's not like I'm going to murder you." He laughed and offered me the rose.

"What's this?"

"Well, this particular item is a single red rose." He pointed at it, acting as if he was talking to a five year old. "I would've bought you a whole bouquet, but I think life is more about appreciation instead of abundance." He lifted the rose to his nose and sniffed it, his face taking on a euphoric expression. "Besides, this one was beautiful. Reminded me of you." He smiled and offered it once more.

"Thank you." I muttered. I took the flower from his grasp while suppressing a damn blush. I wasn't this guys biggest fan, but I didn't want to be rude either.

"Well, looks like you have some manners after all. There is hope for you yet!"

"Shut up." I shot back while heading to my kitchen. He followed in suit.

"Nice place you have here. Looks a bit lonely, though. Do you live by yourself?"

"You know, you ask a lot of creepy questions." I pulled out a tall glass and filled it with water.

"Not true! I am just curious. You don't even have a dog to protect you!"

"Who said I needed protection, huh?" I placed the rose in the glass and set it on the counter. It was a very beautiful flower.

"You know, this is an issue. I, being the gentleman and caring citizen that I am, volunteer to protect you until you get a dog or something."

"You wish, besides I already told you. I'm a man."

"Wow that was sexist! You're saying women can't protect themselves?"

"No! I didn't. Besides I'm not alone if that's your undying concern. My best friend is moving in next month."

He squinted his eyes. "Who's your best friend?" He asked.

"Her name is Fae. She's really-"

"Oh a woman." He sighed while taking on a more happy mood. "I'm sure she's great."

"Um, yeah. Anyways. I kind of have a paper to write so if you don't mind..."

"Hey I get it. I like my cuties to study hard."